turtleneck pattern

Everything about sewing clothing that fits!

turtleneck pattern

New postby Mom of Six on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 am

My Dd & I found some rib knit She wants me to make her a tutleneck out of it but I can't find a pattern. I prefer the big 4 since I don't like to buy online but if anyone knows of one in misses sizes please let me know.( She is a 38 bust)
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

Re: turtleneck pattern

New postby dmoses on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 am

Kwik Sew has one. Here is a link to one source.
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp19211-2242.html
Take care,
Donna
dmoses

New postby sewingmom on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 am

Hancocks carries Kwik Sew in store.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55 pm

My favorite for the turtleneck look is Butterick #5388. The neck is a little loose but has the turtleneck feel with raglan sleeves. It can be a T-shirt or Tunic. Besides, Butterick & McCall are on sale this weekend for 99 cents. Vogue has some mock turtleneck looks & they are on sale for $3.99 this weekend at Hancock Fabrics. Jo-Ann fabrics has Simplicity patterns on sale this weekend for 40% off. I didn't see any in their catalog online. Hope this helps.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Mom of Six on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:39 pm

I wish we had a hancocks in MI. Maybe my sister will go for me before Thanksgiving.
Thanks Marty for the Butterick I will show it to Dd but I think she wants a more fitted shirt to wear under other shirts. The thing is I know I had one but can't find it. I believe it was a Unisex pattern.

I just bought some Simplicity patterns at Jo Anns today. Our store has them for $1 plus there is a 10% off total purchase coupon. DGDS' want some dress up clothes for Christmas so I got some costume patterns to use up some stash.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby momquilts on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:00 pm

Barb I hit that sale at Joann's today too! Oh my, I have to hide the stuff before DH gets home from work!!!! I did take advantage of the buy one/get one notions wall to buy Christmas gifts for DDIL. Then I spent a WHOLE lot more on fleece to make more little jackets and 3 baby buntings. Between the teachers at my school buying for grands and the teachers at DD's school buying for their children, I can keep Joann's in business for a long while. And I keep myself busy in the sewing room when DH and I don't want to watch the same TV programs. ;)
momquilts

New postby sewingmom on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Barb, Look at Butterick 5215, I made that one last year and the neck is higher than in the picture. If you sew a 4" or 6" band on the neck instead of the narrow one called for. You will have a turtle neck. This is a close fiting blouse. It was snug on me made by the right bust measurement.
Last edited by sewingmom on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks everyone! a very nice lady on here sent me a PM that she has a vintage pattern that she is willing to send me.
I do have that Connie Crawford pattern. If the other one doesn't work I will try it.
I bought Velcro packages on the buy1/get 1 sale. I use a lot between my can coolies & casserole carriers.
I bought 7 more patterns. 5 for DGDS' & 2 for DD. DS's GF was here & she said she liked both patterns also. Then another DD came in & wants pants too. Maybe if I can get some measurements I will make them for Christmas.
I bought some broadcloth solids to line my casserole covers. Will have to keep that seperate so I don't add it in forr the stash challenge.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

Return to Garment Sewing