Invisible zipper

Everything about sewing clothing that fits!

Re: Invisible zipper

New postby DorothyL on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:32 am

Yeah, Andrea, those are exactly what I have but no instructions how to put them in.

I was ordering fabric by phone and asked them to throw the zippers in. I guess I sounded like I knew what I was talking about (can you believe that??) and they did just throw in the zippers without instructions --however many solid inches of zipper with the 3 pulls on them. It's a good thing I didn't fool around and take those off.
So if anyone has instructions, I would sure appreciate them.
The pattern for the bag may have instructions. I haven't gotten close enough to the project to read the instructions yet. Just thinking ahead for the holidays.
DorothyL

New postby ddreev on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:13 am

Dorothy, I have used the "make a zipper" before. I have the instructions for the nylon one here. On mine the tabs are in pairs that are placed on in opposite directions so you form the bottom of two zippers with those first two bar tacks. I have used mine in home dec applications before so the zipper was enclosed on both ends so I did not zig zag the top edge of the zipper. Hope this helps.

Dorothy D.
Attachments
zippers.jpg
zippers.jpg (75.81 KB) Viewed 437 times
Dorothy D.
ddreev

New postby DorothyL on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:47 am

Dorothy --
Thank you. I have those instructions saved to my computer as of now.

Also as of now, to save myself the confusion of wondering if I am talking to myself, I am changing my name here to Ralph.

Thanks again,
Ralph
DorothyL

Previous

Return to Garment Sewing