What's good and bad about Hobby Lobby?

The catch-all forum for sewing questions and discussion.

Re: What's good and bad about Hobby Lobby?

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 am

Some of the clerks in my Hobby Lobby will give me a choice if something is on sale, I can select to get 40 % off the regular (not the sale) price if I want to use my coupon for that. Not all of the cashiers will do that , though. It must not be policy, just an individual feeling sorry for a Sr. Citizen. LOL
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby lendube on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm

So. I went to H.L. today for the first time. Apparently this store's been open about a year. It was a Mervyn's. Yes, a small fabric dept. but the fabrics seemed nice. A small yarn dept but an adequate selection. They were out of the bamboo needles in the size that I wanted to buy so I bought a larger size (for 40% off) just cause I'm sure I'll use them.

Overall the store is huge, clean and very "hobby" oriented just like the name. More of a Michael's than a JoAnn's for sure. JoAnn's is just 1/4 mile away and I used my 40% coupon there for 4 wide yards of a swiss dotted flower print for me. I know, sounds weird but you have to see it. I'll post a pic when I finish the caftan that I'm making from it. it's in the washer now hopefully not shrinking too much.

We had a nice day out with a so-so lunch at Appleby's. Don't know if that's a nat'l chain or not. I also ordered a gathering foot for my serger at the Viking store at JoAnn's. :D
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm

It's about a 45 minute drive to Hobby Lobby & Jo-Ann's for me so I seldom go to either store. They do have a lot of cute home decor items but most of it is fairly cheap (as in quality not price). Appleby's is a national chain that's in bankruptcy but has a lot of franchises. The food has always been so-so there. Hope you will have fun with your new gathering foot.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:09 pm

I really like the fabrics that HL has and the store is clean and not crowded. There is not a large staff and usually only one person in the fabric department.
sewingmom

Previous

Return to General Sewing