Singer 416

The only stupid question is one that is never asked! Post your basic/beginner questions and tips here!

Singer 416

New postby lolaspad on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 am

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone has any info bout the singer 416? Ive just found one that my father had and it is in working order but im a complete novice and after hunting the internet i cant find much info so i have come to the experts ;)

Probably just going to sell the machine and get a newer more basic one so if anyone knows the value tht wold be handy also.

Thanks in advance
lolaspad

Re: Singer 416

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 am

The Singer 416 sewing machine is a vintage mechanical machine that is selling currently around $50. Manuals (including repair) can be found at several sites on the internet and parts for the machine can be found at http://www.sewingpartsonline.com. If you want to learn to sew on a good solid machine, it would be worth investing a few dollars to get this machine running to its full potential in my opinion.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby lolaspad on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:40 pm

Do you know why it is so hard to find out any info on this particular model? This model is made in Britain and all the other ones i have managed to find have "stylist" written on the side but this one hasnt. I thought it may be rare as the information available is very very limited. I cant even trace the serial number
lolaspad

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:00 pm

If you will post the serial number, I can find out more info for you. I have several resources. A lot of Singer machines were made thru the years and there are copycats. Also Singer machines were badged for a lot of other brands too especially when they gave up their patent.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Basic/Beginner Sewing