Invisible Zipper

The only stupid question is one that is never asked! Post your basic/beginner questions and tips here!

Invisible Zipper

New postby SmilieFace on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:13 pm

I think I understand how to put this in. The problem is putting the invisible zipper foot on my machine -- I can't seem to figure out how! Can someone help?
SmilieFace

Re: Invisible Zipper

New postby jwright on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:03 pm

what brand and model of machine do you have?

Mine is easy... you push the botton and pop it off... then you set the new one down, let the arm down and wha-la.. it is attached.
jwright

New postby SmilieFace on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Hmmm...I wonder what I am doing wrong. I can put on a regular zipper foot just fine, but for some reason, I can't get the invisible zipper foot to fit. :cry: I am really hoping to learn, so I can put them in dresses and such.
SmilieFace

New postby lendube on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi, I bought the invisible zipper colorful package at JoAnn's. I tried and tried and couldn't get any one of them to fit. I have a Viking emboidery machine and was told when I returned the package that those wouldn't work. Don't know what to try now. I'd hate to have to buy a special foot from the dealer.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby kaitlinnegan on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Maybe this is against the rules..but I do my invisible zippers with my regular zipper foot. :o :shock: I have to get the needle position right to sew really close to the coil, but it has worked just fine for me. The invisible zipper foot would probably make it a little easier, though.
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby DorothyL on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 am

I, too, have cheated and used my regular zipper foot on an invisible zipper.
DorothyL

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Lennie, I love my Viking but I too hate the fact that with so many different presser feet out there that we are pretty much stuck with buying ours from Viking. I've learned that over the years by trying different generic feet without success. I also use my regular zipper foot and move the needle way over.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Sewing Lady on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Smiliface,

Have you tried your pin tuck foot. I think that I saw somewhere on line that they were using this foot as a substitute for the invisible one for the Vikings. The way the it was described you could adjust your needle to fit your needs.
Leighanna
"To love what you do and feel that it matters -- how could anything be more fun?"
Katharine Graham - Washington Post
Sewing Lady

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:04 am

I use my 5 groove pintuck foot for invisible zippers on my Pfaff. I don't do very many but it worked when I tried it in a class.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:52 am

I never have used but 2 invisible zippers, but I remember the directions telling how to use a regular zipper foot.. This was several years ago when my niece got married and I helped my sister with her "Mother of the Bride" outfit..We used the foot that came in the package.. I have several of the feet that a friend gave me from her Mom's sewing basket after that lady passed away.. I just hate throwing notions away, whether I use them or not.. I know, I'm the worlds worst packrat..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Next

Return to Basic/Beginner Sewing