Lace

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Lace

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:05 am

With the closure of Hancock Fabrics, I no longer have a source nearby for lace. I use lace in the newborn preemie outfits that I make, the burial gowns, Christening gowns, plus clerical stoles. When scrolling thru some sites looking for edging lace, I came across this site. http://s-embroidery.com/magazin/Lace-Embroidery/ and found 3 patterns that I liked. Since the lace that I had been buying was $5.99yd and I always bought at least 3 yards, I didn't think that $15 for a Battenburg lace design was too much as I can use it over and over again. I also bought 2 other designs that I know that I will use. It will be stitch intensive but I believe that it will look fabulous in the end. After I stitch some out, I will post a picture. Happy Sewing for National Sewing Month ...
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Lace

New postby sewingrandma on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:42 am

Wow, I didn't realize you can make lace on your embroidery machines. I looked at a few of the designs and they are absolutely beautiful. I miss Hancock's already! I went into Joann's over the weekend and came out empty handed. That never happened at Hancock's. I heard that Michael's bought Hancock's on line fabric store and have noticed that they now sell fabric on line so they might have lace too. I haven't checked out what they have or prices yet as I had stocked up while the going out of business sale was going on.
Marty what do you use for a pattern for the burial gowns? I've been asked to make some and not sure what to use for a pattern. I love to sew but I'm one that needs a pattern of some sorts for guidance. I saw a picture of a gown that had angel wings for sleeves and it was just beautiful but I haven't been able to track down the pattern or anything that is even remotely close to it.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:09 am

Lezette Thomason has a pattern for angel wings preemie burial gowns ... You can order it thru Children's Corner in Nashville, TN. I gave $15 donation for the pattern but it is only $6. Here is the link ... https://www.childrenscornerstore.com/pr ... tangelgown
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks for the website Marty. The gown isn't what I was looking for but is beautiful and I just may get it. I also looked around the site to see what they had and they have some gorgeous outfits for babies/kids. I'm sure if I joined Pinterest I would be able to find it as there are many pics of what I'm looking for but I don't like to put my email and name out there too much. I don't belong to facebook either and I know I miss a lot there too. The Threads of Love site used to have a different gown offered as I saw it made up on another site with the address given but the page had been removed. I checked out their site and the gown has changed. I can't even find the tote bag I printed from their site years ago.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Embroidery Machines