Latest Embroidery Project

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Latest Embroidery Project

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:32 pm

My latest embroidery project is stitching colorful flowers on the bottom of a purchased placemat. There are 14 color changes & I am very pleased with the results so far. It takes about 45 minutes or longer to stitch out each placemat. I did find out tonight that my Ellisimo does not like YLI bobbin thread & the first placemat had some errors in it. My sister won't care as she loves it when I make something for her. The second placemat was much better & stitched beautifully. I am having to change needles with each placemat as there are over 14,000 stitches in the design. I'm hoping to finish the other 2 placemats tomorrow & then start on the towels. I am going to break my self imposed rule of not sewing on Sunday. One of my friends reminded me that I'm sewing to give to others so I shouldn't feel guilty. Catch y'all later.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Latest Embroidery Project

New postby SheliaHC on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 am

Marty,
I was also taught by my mother and grandmother that you shouldn't sew on Sunday but I believe that this "rule" came about when sewing was a necessity. My grandmother had to make clothing and quilts and she made them from the material she could save from flower sacks and from the little material should could afford to purchases from time to time. Now I think most of us sew for the fun of it and sewing is more of a hobby than a necessity. I still try not to do mending on Sundays but I do sew on Sundays when I'm making gifts. I don't think you should feel guilty about making things for others.

Just my opinion.
Shelia
SheliaHC

New postby momquilts on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:05 am

Marty,
I feel the same as Shelia. You spend your time in church as much as you are able, and you do a wonderful ministry with your sewing, which I agree would be done on days other than Sunday. You keep the Sabbath holy and sew for enjoyment and relaxation on that day. Things have loosened up a bit since our parents and grandparents generations and I think your relaxation hobbies would be just fine.

Just another opinion,
Pam
momquilts

New postby bridesmom on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:31 pm

I want to see pictures!!!!!!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner