palette v 4 install on new laptop

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

palette v 4 install on new laptop

New postby gwithrow on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:53 am

oh surely someone here can help me...I have a Babylock Esante ese2...along with Palette v 4....it has been idle for a couple of years...and I now have a new laptop, running xp....ok so I download the patches for v 4, palette....but how can I hook up the security device..the stupid dongle??????and then how can I hook up the reader/writer box there is no serial port on this laptop?????if I get a usb serial port adaptor, does the box thingy hook on directly to the dongle? ...oh and I now know that the PE design v 6 upgrade will NOT work with the Palette...at all...despite the fact that I was told by the salesman that it was totally compatible with Palette...wrong...I guess I will sell the PE design stuff...but if I could just get the v. 4 of Palette to work I would be so happy, why does this have to be so difficult????/....I would be very appreciative of any help that anyone can give .......
gwithrow

Re: palette v 4 install on new laptop

New postby bridesmom on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 am

Unless Marty has a great idea, I think she has babylocks, I'd suggest getting hold of a babylock dealer or phoning them to see what they suggest. I hope you get it figured out, it has got to be really frustrating.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 am

Sorry, my embroidery machine is a Pfaff & I use Embird software plus a reader/writer box. I don't know anything about Palette or any other software. I have no clues but will do some research over the next few days. I have a small Babylock travel machine but do most of my sewing on my Pfaffs.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Harriet A on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:58 am

Hi,
I have the full version of the P.E. software version 4, the upgrade version 5, plus the upgrade version 6. The version 6 upgrade is only a cd. The version 5 upgrade has the new, much smaller box with a usb attachment to the computer. The new box must be plugged into your machine in order to even open the program in your computer. You cannot upgrade from version four to version 6 without first upgrading to version 5 because you need the newer box. When I upgraded from version 4 to version 5 I couldn't use the version 4 box at all. You should be able to use version 4 on an xp windows operating system, but you will have to get some kind of adapter that will plug into a usb port on your computer with a serial port at the other end. I have an old computer that we hardly ever use and the adapter fits onto the same large serial port that my old printer works on. If you end up selling the cd version of the 6 upgrade, make sure they are upgrading from version 5 or the cd won't work. Harriet
Harriet A

New postby gwithrow on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:11 pm

well turns out I can not use what I have unless I upgrade software...v 4 is not compatible with windows 7, and I no longer have a parallel port...to say it is frustrating is an understatement...sooooo

I have to either buy new software...with the new box...lookslike about 400....at least...or just sell what I have, the Esante ese2 and v. 4 palette....and look for a new machine.....I realize that this last option would cost more than a new machine..but I would like the usb port so I could go right to the machine with designs I already have...I would like to have some editing ability on the machine...I am looking at a new Duetta, a brother machine...seems pretty user friendly, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find the best price?
gwithrow

Return to Embroidery Machines