I'm such a bonehead.

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

I'm such a bonehead.

New postby Pudge99 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Dug out the embroidery attachment for my Singer today and set it all up (I thought). I began stitching a redwork design and my needle broke. I have never broken a needle on redwork, especially not a new needle. I was stompin' mad that the darn machine must have gotten knocked out of wack in the move. Then I remembered that I am supposed to manually lower the feed dogs before attaching the embroidery unit. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: Seems to be rolling along just fine now.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

Re: I'm such a bonehead.

New postby MartySews2 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:52 pm

We have all made careless errors like that before too. Am so glad the timing wasn't knocked out in the move. So, what are you stitching?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Pudge99 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 pm

I am stitching redwork days of the week around three sides of a huge tea towel. I am thinking about making an apron. Really I just wanted to play with the machine and the towel and redwork designs were handy.
Gina
Pfaff 2040
Janome Mylock 134D
Singer Futura CE-100 w/ Autopunch
Husqvarna Viking 3D Sketch
Pudge99

New postby LilyMom on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi my sister loves redwork. She does a lot of it with her quilting. It would be great to do something for her with my embroidery. Where did you find patterns? Any favorite web sites. I,m leary about ordering from site I do not normally use. thanks
LilyMom

New postby temom on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Gina, at least it is something easily cured, lol!

Lilymom, I love this site:
http://www.emblibrary.com/el/Default.aspx
It is the only site I order from, and if you sign up for their emails, they have a ton of sales! Right now it is 50% off whatever is on your wish list. I often put things on my wish list and wait to see if it goes on sale. The Christmas Club is well worth joining, with all purchases earning points that can be redeemed for purchases. I have only had one design not stitch right, and it was a fringe embroidery, which really needed me to adjust the tension on my machine, but I decided to leave well enough alone and just not use the design I paid $1 for. :D

Edit: The 50% off wishlist ended yesterday. Oops. Guess what I didn't buy!
Theresa
temom

New postby bridesmom on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm

I love that site too, and also buy from http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/freeembroiderydesigns.aspx. They have lots of free designs and you can get up to 3 at a time with no purchase. My alltime favorite is http://www.designsbyjuju.com/. She does mostly kids designs, and lots of applique but they sew out beautifully and her prices are amazing!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Return to Embroidery Machines