EM10- HELP!

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

EM10- HELP!

New postby eightofus on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 pm

I recently bought a Huskystar EM10, used on Craigs List. The guy said he used it twice and it wasnt his thing so he was selling it. I used it a couple of times and the thread would get wrapped around the bobbin case, and the needle chewed up the bobbin case from jumping around. I bought a new bobbin case, found out that I was given the wrong size bobbin for it and now that I have everything that I need, the needle isn't catching the bobbin thread. I have cleaned the case, oiled the machine, changed the needle, and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't afford to get it repaired if it's going to cost a fortune and I have been so excited to finally be able to start doing some work. Any help would be wonderful, thank you so much!!
eightofus

Re: EM10- HELP!

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 am

Have you checked the tensions? It could be that the timing is off & may need a service call.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby eightofus on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:59 am

I have checked the tension, but I am confused about it. I am taking it in this morning, I just hope its not going to be expensive. Thanks for the reply, this site is fantastic!!
eightofus

New postby eightofus on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Well, I took the em10 into the shop this morining and the whole timing is thrown off. Cost me 88 bucks, but atleast I will have it back in working condition this afternoon. Thanks again for you help. I wish I knew how to set the timing myself so I can save myself the aggrivation next time.
eightofus

New postby bridesmom on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:09 pm

It's work the $88 to have a professional service your machine. Really worth it. You can really bugger up your machine if you don't know what you are doing, and with how expensive some of these machines are I'd hate to have to pay an extra couple of hundred dollars because I messed it up. As long as you do regular cleaning and use good thread and needles, you should be good for a long while now.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Return to Embroidery Machines