How do you store your thread?

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Re: How do you store your thread?

New postby Debby215 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Judy, I had forgotten about the plastic tubing trick to cover bobbins, what is the size you use and cut? Laura I hadn't thought about just throwing a cover over the thread. I have 3 cases of the thread boxes that Joann sells, I also have various storage things with drawers that have the overstock, since I tend to forget what I have and buy the wrong ones... :doh: I have pegboard that DH put up over my desk that I could put the thread on those wooden racks, but now I am not so sure... :eh:
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:50 pm

Debby215 wrote:Judy, I had forgotten about the plastic tubing trick to cover bobbins, what is the size you use and cut?

It's 1/2" for the partly filled bobbins and 5/8" for the filled ones.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Chrysantha on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:25 pm

I have thread racks (6 of'em), boxes (about a dozen of various sizes...Madiera 4 drawer) and thats where my serger thread is too...in plastic boxes. All out of the sun/light. I also have a big drawer in one of my sewing cabinets thats full of thread. ::hanging head:: I'm a threadoholic. :oops:
Chrysantha

New postby Debby215 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Well Kath, they say admitting the addiction is half the battle...LOL I have to admit I do love collecting thread too, but only have 3 cases full and a couple drawers.... :angel:
Debby
So much fabric....... So little time!!
Debby215

New postby bridesmom on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Kath, a threadaholic, an embroiderydesignaholic, an orientalfabricaholic, my gosh woman when you get hooked you really get hooked!!!! :D
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby doxiedad on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:46 pm

We use the wooden thread racks on the wall and have a piece of clear vynil plastic that hangs down over them to keep them dust and dirt free. It works fine and all threads are sorted into color groups & material types. We have UV stopping window film n the windows plus shades so none of the threads are ever in sunlight or exposed to UV rays so they do not degrade.
doxiedad

Previous

Return to Embroidery Machines