Threadart thread

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Threadart thread

New postby jkatz on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm

I am picking up my new Babylock Ellisimo next week!! I am soooooo excited. :D :D :D :D

Has anyone used the poly thread from Threadart? I am trying to decide what thread set to buy. I want to have a nice selection so that I can go crazy!

Thanks
jkatz
jkatz

Re: Threadart thread

New postby temom on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Congratulations!
I don't know anything about Threadart. I had bought the Polystar thread when I bought my machine. It is good for the built in stitches, but I was having a lot of problems with designs I bought. I was beginning to think that I had broken my embroidery machine, as I had so many jams and broken threads. Then I bought a Madeira polyneon set. I love it, and have only had the thread break one time since I've been using it.
Theresa
temom

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 pm

I use Madeira rayon for the most part. My mom, who lives in Houston, TX, uses Thread Art. However, I've never tried it. My mom has the Babylock Ellegante machine.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby doxiedad on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Kind of late into this thread, but the wife and I use Thread Art threads in Poly and Rayon and have great results. We also tried other threads from a place in Florida called Abbeys HOuse of Fashion and it too does extremely well and its much much cheaper than Sulky, R-A or Maderia etc. We fill in a s we go with Maderia or Sulky or R-A. We have not had any fuzzing of the thread or breaking of it any more than with high end threads. These threads are all made in INdia or Turkey. The threads we found that were from China and other Asian countries just plain did not cut it. Even the regular poly sewing thread sets have turned out just fine, and some things we made have taken a beating from our dogs and sill hold up just fine. We sew things for our fur kids which consist of 13 miniature doxies, plus our grandchildren. Of course the sales clerks in the various stores do not have anyhting good to say about those threads but I find them high above the Coats and Clark threads so commonly sold today, and about on par with Sulky as far as the embroidery threads go.
doxiedad

New postby KAP on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:45 pm

I've ordered sewing thread directly from threadart.com with some reservations about their thread. For example, the web-site specified "long-staple" thread for their Threadart cotton thread; however,
after receiving a large Order (approx. $104.00) I noticed that neither the spools of thread (made in China) nor the invoice annotated "long-staple." Now I'm left to wonder? Is this thread long-staple or the cheap short-staple stuff.

Most people with knowledge about cotton thread know that the regular "short-staple" cotton thread is considered low-quality compared to "long-staple" and normally cost less.

Furthermore, "extra-long-staple" cotton thread cost about twice as much as "long-staple," and "extra-long-staple" cotton-thread cost about three-times as much as short-staple.

Finally, genuine "Egyptian-grown-cotton" cost even more. That's why the manufacture states these specifics on their spool of thread (i.e., long-staple, extra-long-staple, Egyptian-grown, etc.)
IT'S THE QUALITY !

Superior Thread company sells, and so do other outlets who sell Superior Thread notions, Egyptian-grown extra-long-staple cotton thread that is somewhat spendy thread but you can tell the difference...and believe me, you get what you pay for....

I know this reply does not specifically address Threadart Poly or Nylon thread but it's my observation about Threadart cotton thread.
KAP

New postby fundita on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:42 pm

I just stopped in the middle of my project just to write about how bad this thread is! I thought threadart was a serious company but it s just lies!
I bought 4 spools of 1000m cotton and it keeps breaking up. They say its strong. It braks in the machine or by hand..
And the poly is not smooth. I got the black and you can see that its not shiny and not properly finished.
I ve ordered something else, from California, I ll let you know about that.
Ahh, so annoyed! :brick:
fundita

New postby customerreview2015 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:49 am

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They have the most incompetent people when it comes to Customer Service that I have ever had to deal with. Save yourself the grief. SHOP ELSEWHERE.
customerreview2015

Return to Embroidery Machines