KenEmore Elite 19010 how to change hoop size

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

KenEmore Elite 19010 how to change hoop size

New postby gothmartha on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:38 am

I have a Kenmore Elite 19010 and would like to use some different hoop sizes. I've tried to find a way to change the hoop size info that is displayed on the screen (always Hoop F) but have had no luck. I've been using the machine for a few years now, even digitizing my own designs using the Sears software, and I've bought a smaller hoop that I can use, but the machine doesn't know that its smaller and depending on the design size, and it can get dicey... I would just like to be able to expand my design size (bigger and smaller) and placement options (hemlines, cuffs, pockets) without buying a new machine.

Are there "hacks" or "cheats" or am I too dense to figure it out?

Many thanks!

Gothmartha
gothmartha

Re: KenEmore Elite 19010 how to change hoop size

New postby sewingmom on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 am

You have probably already done this but there might be an update to your software that your dealer could install(for a price). Another thing you may have tried is to install the hoop on your machine and the see if the proper hoop size shows up in the computer window. If it is an aftermarket hoop then go to the company that makes it and see if they have a software application to fix the problem.
sewingmom

New postby gothmartha on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:29 am

Using the aftermarket hoop didn't register with the machine, but I will search for any type of software update for the machine or hoop. That is a brilliant idea -thanks!
gothmartha

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Since Kenmore's are now made by Janome, you may be able to get an update on the Janome website. It is the same as the Janome 10,000. Thought that this might help.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Chrysantha on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 am

is that the only hoop that came with the machine ??? (cause thats all I can find too...) if thats the case, you can't change hoops, because your machine won't be able to do any embroidery than the field it already has. (usually 4x4)

I own all Janome machines...and they all come with their hoops. (and the screen will give you hoop sizes in embroidery mode.)

Yahoo has a group for Kenmore Elite users...
Chrysantha

New postby vickki on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:31 pm

I have the 19000 and it only comes with the small hoop...
vickki

Return to Embroidery Machines