Do you babysit your embroidery machine?

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

Do you babysit your embroidery machine?

New postby lendube on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 pm

I do. I think it's mostly superstition though. :roll: When I first got it I just figured once it started embroidering I could leave and let it do it's thing. WRONG! :twisted: Invariably something went wrong. It would be humming along fine, I'd step out, and BAM! a mess or worse! Things go wrong far less often now but I'm still very, very hesitant to leave the room while it's running and will invariably pause the stitching. This is one reason (I'm justifying here.........) that I post so often. I'm killing time till the next color change. ;)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: Do you babysit your embroidery machine?

New postby Chrysantha on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm

yes I do...it always makes a mess if I don't...so I start the machine and sit here (2 ft away) on the computer and wait... :D
Chrysantha

New postby StitchNTime on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm

I stray but not too far. I check in on it very frequently. So far the most I've had happen is a broken thread...no messes.
StitchNTime

New postby carman on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm

lol, i do and i don't, i have left it going over night a few times when doing doily sections that take 3 or more hours and have gone to bed, thankfully the worst that has happened is the thread broke and quit, one time it just ran out of thread.

carman
carman

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:25 pm

I do babysit my machine. When the embroidery is going, I do handwork. The only times that I have ever left it, a needle or thread breaks. It's not worth the hassle to walk away.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby SmilieFace on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 pm

I haven't done much embroidery, but when I do, I babysit the machine. When I took my intro to embroidery class, the instructor says, "There seems to be a rule that whenever you turn your back on your machine while it's working, something will go horribly wrong."
SmilieFace

New postby sewhappyrtr on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 pm

I sit by mine also.. I have cats that would otherwise jump up on it to see whats going on.. they try even when I sit here..
I play on the computer,, daydream.. or just watch it work.. I think its fasinating..
Karen
Walt Disney World.. the place I always want to be at !!
sewhappyrtr

New postby temom on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Mostly I do. When I don't, something often goes wrong. But I haven't had the best luck lately with my embroidery machine.
Theresa
temom

New postby Here_Fishey on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:43 pm

I not only baby sit the machine, I hover over it, just waiting for something to go wrong.
Ruby
Missing Alaska
Here_Fishey

New postby lendube on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 am

SmilieFace wrote: When I took my intro to embroidery class, the instructor says, "There seems to be a rule that whenever you turn your back on your machine while it's working, something will go horribly wrong."

See, therefore my superstition. When I first got my machine I watched the video that came with it. The woman was so excitedly talking about her machine stitching away fooling her husband who thought that he'd find her there too, silly man. I, because of that, would leave the machine to do it's thing and come back to all kinds of messes. :roll:

Three hour embroideries, Carman?? Jeez Louise! They must be gorgeous. If I make one that takes 40 minutes I'm amazed. But then again, I only have a 4x4 field. You must have what? the endless hoop? Makes me nervous just thinking about making a 3 hour embroidery............. :anxious:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Next

Return to Embroidery Machines