A New Machine

Machine recommendations, tips, and techniques for embroidery machines.

A New Machine

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:15 pm

The other day I mentioned to my husband that "one of these days" I wanted a professional embroidery machine and was thinking of starting a sewing business. Then yesterday, he suggested that I sell some of my stock and buy the machine now as my stocks are not growing much. He went on to say that he did not think that it was a good idea to start a business since my health is still precarious but I should buy the machine for my own happiness. I asked him about the future and he assured me that I am well provided for should he die before me. At age 74, he thinks about death a lot. He thinks that I should enjoy the machine now. So, I am looking at the Babylock Valiant (10 needle, single head) embroidery machine. I talked with my dealer and we have come to an agreement on price with all of the goodies included. Before I go to purchase the machine, I do want to talk to our CPA about how much money I will need for income taxes since our income will increase when I sell my stocks. I will meet with him around the first of May after tax season is over. Right now, I am very excited. My dealer offered 0% financing but I told him that I wanted to pay cash for the machine so he's okay with that. This is a big, big purchase but one of my dreams will come true. I'm walking on Cloud 9.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: A New Machine

New postby Skye on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 am

That's great Marty. Always exciting to get a new machine. Your DH a keeper
Skye

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:44 am

Skye, we've been married 46 years so I definitely know that he is a keeper. He has always been my biggest supporter. This purchase will give me 3 embroidery machines to work on ... I am truly excited.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

Oh, wow, you are going to have so much fun on that machine Marty. Maybe you could set up an account on etsy and sell products there. You sell what you want and when you want from what I understand from reading comments from others who use it. You'd have to do some research to see if it would be a good fit for you.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:30 pm

The only items that I will sell will be clerical stoles to ministers. Right now, I do them in exchange for a donation to one of the United Methodist charities or my church. Hubby doesn't want me to have a business ... just enjoy my machines. That works for me.
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Embroidery Machines