BabyLock Evolve C2 and C3 needles

Machine recommendations plus tips and techniques for using these special machines.

BabyLock Evolve C2 and C3 needles

New postby StitchNTime on Mon May 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Some days my Evolve is stress free to operate...today is not one of those days. I've tried without success to insert both the C2 and C3 needles and am just about ready to scream. After several tries I got the C2 in, but I still can't manage to get the C3 to go far enough into the needle hole to see it through the "peep hole". I'm using the little needle holding tool...and have my instructions in front of me. I'm sure I've backed the tightening screw out far enough, because it came all the way out. I'm having a really difficult time wrapping my brain around what my problem is. Does anyone with an Evolve have any suggestions?
StitchNTime

Re: BabyLock Evolve C2 and C3 needles

New postby lendube on Mon May 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Regrettably I don't have a Babylock anymore but with my serger when I want to insert the two needles (A and B in my case) I have to loosen A screw to get B needle in all the way. Maybe that's it, Judy?
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon May 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Mine won't go all the way in if I have the flat side in the wrong place..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby MartySews2 on Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

On my Babylock Eclipse, I set the lever to right needle or left needle when changing needles. I don't have an Evolve so don't know what steps must be taken. However, I will look it up as the manual is online. In looking in your Evolve manual, there are 5 needle ports. 3 on the left side are for the coverhem & 2 on the right side are for overlock stitches. It recommends that you loosen the screw on the left side with the allen wrench & use the needle threader to insert the needle for C-1 & then add C-2 & C-3 afterwards following the same procedure. Since you only want to use C-2 & C-3, do C-2 first & then C-3. This was on page 84 of your manual. Be sure the screws are fully loosened & you're in the correct port.
Hope this helps.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby StitchNTime on Mon May 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you for all the input. I appreciate it. Marty, you are a sweetheart to go to the trouble of looking up the particulars in my manual. After hair pulling and trying over and over I finally got the needles in. It just took more umph than I was using...didn't want to use brute force, but in the end it seemed like that is what it took. I guess I got frustrated...not a good thing to do with a serger. I really need to commit to using my serger more so I am more familiar with it.
StitchNTime

New postby StitchNTime on Mon May 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you for all the input. I appreciate it. Marty, you are a sweetheart to go to the trouble of looking up the particulars in my manual. After hair pulling and trying over and over I finally got the needles in. It just took more umph than I was using...didn't want to use brute force, but in the end it seemed like that is what it took. I guess I got frustrated...not a good thing to do with a serger. I really need to commit to using my serger more so I am more familiar with it.
StitchNTime

New postby DorothyL on Tue May 24, 2011 6:03 am

It just took more umph than I was using...didn't want to use brute force, but in the end it seemed like that is what it took.

As my husband always says "There's nothing brute strength and ignorance can't fix."

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby StitchNTime on Tue May 24, 2011 9:00 am

DorothyL wrote:As my husband always says "There's nothing brute strength and ignorance can't fix."

Dorothy

Dorthy, the SCARY thing is my husband heard and saw my frustration and wanted to give putting the needles in a try. We all know the flat side of the needle goes to the back...he wanted to try putting the flat to the front, because that would be the "logical" approach. After me telling him if he tore my machine up I would be hot and it would be a very expensive fix he decided against "working" on my Baby. I've heard that quote so many times and have seen it in action enough that I cringe at the thought of it...it goes hand in hand with "jury rigging". :lol:

:
StitchNTime

Return to Sergers/Overlockers