threading sewing needle

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

threading sewing needle

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:14 am

My eyesight has really taken a hit lately ( yes I am under the care of an eye doc) and am having problems threading my sewing machine needles. Since the needles need to be threaded front to back it is hard to insert a needle threader from the back, no room, lack of range of motion, eyesight. I've tried floss threaders without much luck and a whole lot of other types of threaders, cut the thread on a slant, moisten the thread, only less than 1/4 inch of thread free for threading. I really don't like to thread the needle first then insert it into the machine because 9 times out of 10 it is unthreaded by the time I'm done. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do they make sewing machine needles with the easy thread slot like they do for hand sewing? Thanks
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: threading sewing needle

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Brockie, just now seeing this ... I don't know of anything that help your needles. Some of the newer machines have auto needle threading and that is what I use to get my needles threaded as my eyesight fades with age. I hate to say this but you might need to upgrade your sewing machine to one that does auto needle threading. Almost all of the brands have them in various price points. Sorry!!!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Return to Sewing Machines