Machine stopped working

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Machine stopped working

New postby sewingrandma on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Was heart sick at my NIN meeting on Sat. My machine wasn't working except straight stitch and a 2.5 stitch length. Since I have 2 machines I keep one all packed and all accessories I'll need for these meetings. I had 6 gowns to finish up and no way to hem them. I was lucky in that I had taken my serger this week also so I was able to at least do everything except hem. I can hem on my serger but didn't have the foot with me. I had had this happen another time at home but it just cleared up with out me doing anything. I did some research and apparently this model is sensitive to humid conditions. I left it out of the carrier overnight and DH decided to play around with it. After about 10 mins of running it as fast as it would go the control panel started to respond. Since we've had a hot and humid summer I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. Guess I'll pack my machine on the morning of my meetings now instead of leaving it in its carrier. Anyone else have this happen?
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: Machine stopped working

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:59 pm

I rusted out a serger's loopers from the humidity. I had it sitting on a table near our window a/c unit. A friend wanted it so I gave it to her as it would cost me over $500 to get it fixed. Her dad offered to pay for the repairs for her so she knew what she was getting. Now, I have to save up for another serger for classes.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

Re: Machine stopped working

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:12 am

Guess I'll have to rethink as to where I keep my machines as they sit under an a/c vent. I haven't noticed any problems with these machines and they have been there many years. The machine that stopped working is still going strong and it doesn't sit under the vent.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Sewing Machines