presser feet

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

presser feet

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:11 am

Finally ordered the bias binder feet. DH decided not only did I need the 1/2 inch size but the 1/4 inch and adjustable also. :o How awesome is that? The 1/2 inch foot came in yesterday with no instructions but I was able to sit down and apply a tape to a piece of fabric without any problems. I used a flat piece of tape and it turned in beautifully. I'll need to do some tweeting with positioning of the funnel to get the stitching where I want it but it was so easy and looked so nice and even. Just what I've been looking for. I know what I'm doing today-cutting bias tape and making receiving blankets.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: presser feet

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 am

Yay for new presser feet ... hope you have a lot of fun with them. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :applause: :applause: :applause: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby pinecone on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Wow, I am impressed with no instructions! Have fun. Is the 1/2" one large enough to bind a quilt with batting?

piney
pinecone

New postby sewingrandma on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm

The tunnel that you feed the quilt thru is approximately 3/8 of an inch thick so if your batting isn't too thick I would think you could. I tried flannel as bias tape this morning and it fed thru great. I can see all sorts of things I can use for bias to put on these baby items I'm making. I made 12 yards of 2 inch bias tape this morning out of a 30 inch square of fabric and it only took about an hour to get it lined, seamed and cut. I did the contious loop method instead of piecing each piece as I come to it and it went so much faster.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am

My other two binder feet came in yesterday and I sat down with the 1/4 inch binder and played with it. It really is much smaller and I think I'll only be able to feed one layer of fabric thru on this one. The adjustable foot is easy to use also. I keep feeling like the tape is going to slip out but it didn't. I used it this morning to put tape on the edge of a diaper bag and it turned out beautifully. Glad I have a DH who thinks enough to get me things like this when he sees me struggling with my sewing. He really does listen.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Brockie, my hubby does listen to me also ... most of the time. He renewed my subscription to Sew Beautiful this week as a surprise and I had a $20 coupon good at the Martha Pullen Store to use when I renewed. Well ... hubby mailed in the coupon with the subscription. :doh: :brick: :evil: So I'm out $20 that I had planned to use to buy a DVD on Antique Heirloom Sewing Techniques which is on sale today for $20.97. Now, I will have to wait until Mother's Day to get the DVD. :(
Marty ;)
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh well Marty, they can't be expected to be perfect (or close to) all the time. DH has done boners like that too. I think my Mother's Day and Birthday gifts are taken care of for this year what with all the presser feet I just got. I don't mind.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh, I just remembered, I have an anniversary coming up on the 20th of this month. Hmmm ... dinner out and a DVD would be just about right after 42 yrs of marriage. :D :D :D
Marty ;)
MartySews2

Return to Sewing Machines