I have a chance to buy this

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

I have a chance to buy this

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:58 pm

http://www.tricosew.com/catalog/product54.html
A teacher from school is having a yard sale tomorrow & listed this on facebook She is aske $300 or $350 & told me she will take payments because she would rather I have it & love it than it go to a stranger. I really can't afford it. I am going to talk to my DH but I am so torn. It is a great deal & I have wanted something with embroidery stitches but I know there is also the expense of stabilizers & thread. I wish DH's business was like it was 5 years ago! I wouldn't hesitate!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

Re: I have a chance to buy this

New postby sewingmom on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Barb, I know what you mean about DH's business. %years ago my DS and DH worked from daylight till on into the night a few years ago. DS was so comfident that business would continue to boom that he overextended his financial liabilities and now we just praise God that the business hasn't gone under.
As for the sewing machine. Why dont you check around and see if it has enough embroidery stitches to make it a bargain. I dont know.
I hope it works out to your satisfaction.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I don't really want a lot of embroidery just the ability to do words & maybe a few flowers ect.
My DH said go for it! He has quite a bit coming in soon & I will be getting checks again in less than a month. DD said if we are short she will loan us some until we catch up. I am going to look at it in the morning & see how I feel but I will probably have a new machine tomorrow! Now I wish I wasn't going to a party on Sat. so I could play!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby lendube on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Barb, go for it! I have one of the follow-up machines, the #1+, and it's a wonderful machine. I see by your link that it's a very good deal. If you can make payments, why not? Have you looked on http://www.patternreview.com for reviews? If you're sure it's in good shape and came from a good home, go for it!
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 pm

I do really trust this teacher. She said it was a gift for her mother This is her response to me on facebook
Husqvarna Viking Freesia 425. Rolling Trolley w/tags still on it was originally priced at $90.00. It was a gift for my mom, but she used it only a few times and it's in perfect condition.
Decided I am going to get it as a BDay present to myself! I think DH is feeling a little Guilty because he just bought a saw that was a "good Deal" They were discontnueing it so it was 25% off & he got a new saw blade. his is for making money though! Mine is for fun but maybe I can do some embroidery on some of my craft show items & sell those!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby DorothyL on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:10 am

Happy Birthday, Barb!! You deserve it.

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby HeyJudee on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:58 am

Hope you get it and have fun making craft sale items...and make money to help pay for it. Happy Birthday...early!
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:27 am

It was missing the instruction book & only had 1 foot so I offered her $250 It also came with a tapestry type rolling case. She is going to let me know if she finds any other parts to it with her other machine. I then went around the block to another sale & found Nancy Zieman sewing books for $150 each & a carboard cutting mat for $3. Now getting ready to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese. I will test it out when I get home.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby HeyJudee on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 am

Mom of Six wrote:...found Nancy Zieman sewing books for $150 each

Sure hoping that this is a typo...and the books were $1.50 each. Otherwise, I'd be having a heart attack!!! :lol:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Mom of Six on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 pm

HeyJudee wrote:
Mom of Six wrote:...found Nancy Zieman sewing books for $150 each

Sure hoping that this is a typo...and the books were $1.50 each. Otherwise, I'd be having a heart attack!!! :lol:

Sorry I typed fast! kids were waiting to go. Yes $1.50. My sister cleaned/ moved her sewing room & gave me 2 overflowing tubs of fabric! She said keep what I want & donate the rest. I am sorting after the kids leave since she wants her tubs back & I will see her next Wed. DGS wants me to help him make lining for the purses he makes. I am hoping some of it will work for that. I am stocked up for another stash challenge!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

Next

Return to Sewing Machines