Singer Creative Touch 1030

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Singer Creative Touch 1030

New postby jennsfarley on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:26 am

Hi everyone,

I am hoping you all can help. Recently a friend gave me 2 machines: a Singer Creative Touch 1030 and a Singer Ultralock 14U64A. Originally we discussed me purchasing them from her (I started a sewing business late October), but then suddenly I got an email from her that she would put them on my porch and that she knows how hard it is starting a new business. I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that. I really feel like I should be give her or doing something for her.

The purpose of my post is to try to find what the approximate value of this machine would be? It is missing the control foot and power cord but I can order that (unless someone here knows where I can get one used for SUPER cheap ;) ). She probably has it but I would feel really bad bringing it to her attention that she forgot it (LONG story).

Once I know the approximate value of the 1030, I'm thinking I'm going to get her some sort of spa package. That way she won't know for sure what I spent and she could DEFINITELY use it. :)

Thanks!
Jennifer
jennsfarley

Re: Singer Creative Touch 1030

New postby lendube on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:10 am

I'd say just call a Singer dealer. They'll give you at least a rough idea. First try the auction sites. There's bound to be one or two on Ebay at least. You could also offer to do some sewing for your friend; especially if she doesn't sew herself.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby jennsfarley on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 am

There are none on Ebay (tried there first). :( I'll have to see if I can find a used Singer dealer in the area. The one I use for repairs only deals with new sales so I don't think they would be much help. Thanks for the input. That's a good idea. :)
jennsfarley

New postby temom on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

Dealers have a "blue book" of values, just like for cars. It is definetely worth giving the dealer a call.
Theresa
temom

New postby sewingmom on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

Sewclassic might be able to help. She hasn't been here in a while but she has a web sight. She refurbishes and sells vintage machines and has a wealth of information.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

. When you google singer creative touch 1030 sewing machine, there is a parts place that sells the power cord/foot pedal for $59.99 but if you look at the configuration, you might be able to find one in a thrift store for a lot less $$$. You can go on the Singer website & give the serial number to date the machine & download a manual if you don't have one. To me from the photo searching online, it looks like something from the 1970's. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You also have to be sure that all of the old lint & dirt is cleaned out especially if it has been in storage for quite some time. Not sure if this will help or not.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 am

http://www.sew-classic.com/Contact_Us.html

Here is the place to contact sewclassic. She has been very helpful to me at times.
sewingmom

New postby phyllis0240 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I purchased the Singer Creative Touch 1030 in 1959 and is still sewing as good as ever.

You can also ask on this website and they can usually advise you the price . http://www.sewvacdoctor.com
If you have any other questions let me know.

Phyllis
phyllis0240

Return to Sewing Machines