My stupid foot!!

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

My stupid foot!!

New postby lendube on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:11 pm

I have a dual feed foot for my Viking. It's always worked just fine. Once in a while the movable part of the foot comes off but I've reattached it successfully in the past. This time I hit a rough patch and it was more than just reattaching that part. I opened up the side of the thing and POP! out come it's innards! I tried and tried and couldn't get them back where they belong. What really makes me feel stupid is that there are only 3 (count 'em) 3 parts!!!

I've emailed Viking but my better bet is the Yahoo group for my machine. A nice, very active member who's technically savvy, replied to my post for help and will be sending me pictures of his dual foot (insides I'm assumming) so I can get mine back together.

Isn't that nice??? I LOVE online communities! (This one is really special though, ladies. That was my first post to the other one, I swear!)
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Re: My stupid foot!!

New postby HeyJudee on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Lennie, hoping that the pic will get your problems solved!
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby bridesmom on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:52 pm

How frustrating! One of my coworkers was having tension trouble and she decided to unscrew it and pop - springs and pieces all over. The service guy told her min $150 just to get the tension disc back together. That's something I will never attempt. DH has taken my foot pedal apart a few times as it gets so dirty inside it won't work, and I don't want to pay $90 for another one unless I absolutely have to! Good luck getting it back together!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby DorothyL on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:54 am

Wow, that makes me glad my dual feed foot thingey doesn't have parts. I hope you get it put back together. Can you still use the machine? Is it replaceable?

Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby sewingmom on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:32 am

Lennie, I am not mechanicly inclined so anytime I attempt a fix it is just about assured to be a desaster. I hope you get your foot fixed.
sewingmom

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 am

Oh how frustrating Lennie. I hope that you're able to get it back together & working. My hubby & I are totally inept when it comes to machinery. I would just rather pay to have something fixed than to fool with it. Good luck on getting your machine working again.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby lendube on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 am

No, it's not fixed yet. Dorothy, this is for my regular sewing machine, a separate foot. It was very expensive, the foot, about $70.00 or so if I remember. I'm usually quite handy and my dh is extremely handy. I'll let him deal with it. When I tell him briefly of the purpose of the thing I'm sure he'll have it together in no time. And yes, I did get 6 blurry, tiny pics from the guy on the Yahoo board. It doesn't look like the same foot and no insides are showing. That's what I needed. Insides! Oh well, the thought was there and I appreciated his wanting to help. Three stupid pieces but when you think of it........they all fit up, down, back and front so mathmatically what is it? Nine different combos if you have three items?
Lennie

lendube

New postby bridesmom on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 pm

ROTFL. Yes maybe 9 different combos, but you can twist them this way and that way and so on. Course if you leave it for DH it will make him feel very special when you tell him you 'just can't figure this silly ole thing out sweetums, can you do it for me pullease?' Works for me, most times!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby lendube on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 am

You bet! He'll do just about anything for his little snook'ums.

It's laying here on the kitchen table and being the nosy one that he is he'll probably have it together by the time the day's over. ;)
Lennie

lendube

Return to Sewing Machines