Husqvarna Huskystar 215

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Husqvarna Huskystar 215

New postby ruby71975 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 am

Hello all,

I have a Husqvarna Huskystar 215, I have owned this machine for several years and sadly have not used it much. Over the las few days I have been working on some Christmas projects and very suddenly the tension seems to have slipped away. I dont know how else to describe it. The only thing that I did that I have not ever done before is i opened the side cover and oiled it. I also pulled the shuttle hook area of the machine. i put everything back the way it came out and it worked fine and then all of the sudden the top thread will not loop correctly. If you look at the underside of the work the thread is in very loose loops that I can pull right out of the fabric. I wanted to know if anyone has encountered this problem with this machine and what they did to correct it. Also I have attempted to adjust the tension with the tension dial on the front of the machine and it doesnt seem to have an effect.

I have never had this problem before with this machine. I do think that the timing is off because at times it acts like it is hitting something as the needle goes down, if that makes sence.
If anyone can help with suggestions I would appriciate it.
Thank you
Kerry
ruby71975

Re: Husqvarna Huskystar 215

New postby bridesmom on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Hey Kerry! My first thought is that you haven't got the machine threaded correctly. That seems to be the most common problem with the tension problem you are describing. Did you accidently miss a loop somewhere? My machine has 2 loops down by the needle and I have to get both of them or my tension is wonky. Did you thread it with the foot down?? That can do it too. Take the thread completely out of the machine. If you have a piece of dental floss, gently pull a length of the dental floss from the top of the machine, through the tension discs (foot up) and then try rethreading. If there is a small piece of thread stuck in the tension disc the dental floss should catch it.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby ruby71975 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 pm

I did re thread the machine I also changed the needle, I will try the dental floss though that is a great idea. The book for this machine is kind of unhelpful having only one page on thread tension. I called a sewing repair place and he said to bring it in of course.
Thank you for the suggestion.
kerry
ruby71975

New postby HeyJudee on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:27 pm

If you have taken out the hook, check that it is in correctly. I've done that before and didn't have it back in eactly. And make sure that the bobbin is threaded correctly. The problem could be from that end.
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

Return to Sewing Machines