Another machine????

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Another machine????

New postby bridesmom on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok, I did it. I bought another machine. I pick it up on Monday, would have done it tonight but the border lineup was huge and it's sitting at the shipping business on the other side of the border waiting for me, calling my name. I bought a Brother 1500S for quilting. All it does is a straight stitch, and it has a thread cutter, a bobbin thread cutter, and a needle down position. One of the women I teach quilting with has one so she let me try it and it was pretty much love at first sight. It has a 9" quilting space and a 6" height so there is a good amount of room for a quilt. And the cost was less than 1/2 price US. I have no idea what the cost was in Cdn funds, but when I told the woman I teach with what I paid for it, she was pretty surprised. I have absolutely No idea where I am going to put it. But I will be doing some rearranging of my sewing room again. I'm thinking I need a long table for my 1500, serger and coverstitch machines, then the innovis can sit on the table it's on all the time. Though I may put the 1500 on the big table and move the innovis to a long table that the other 2 machines can go on. The Viking that is my MIL's can go into the cupboard as I don't use it, I don't like it, and when I get my old Pfaff back it can sit on the same table. Maybe I should knock out the wall between my sewing room and the bedroom....... or I could........take over the garage??? I could renovate the sundeck and make it into my sewing room! (dreaming of course)
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Re: Another machine????

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Congrats Laura. I hope you have a lot of fun with it.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby lendube on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Laura, I'd love to pop on up and help you rearrange your sewing room. ;) How fun to have a new machine. Which Viking do you have that you don't like? I love mine, the embroidery. Not so much my Viking serger. It's like the little girl with the curl...........when it's working well it's wonderful........then for whatever reason it decides to stop doing that and I spend an hour figuring things out again.............and it's horrid! :roll: We actually are knocking out a wall to make my sewing room a part of the master bedroom. If we ever sell the house (which I really, really doubt) or if I stop sewing (which I really, really, really doubt) it'll just be a big master suite. Now that's going to be a decorating challenge when we start that project! :shock:

Let us know after you've had a chance to play..............Have fun!
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby bridesmom on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:08 pm

My sweet bubboo went over and picked it up for me today, but in his true teasing nature, when I got home from my course, he says, I thought you were getting a sewing machine? All that was there was a padded envelope. I'm totally stunned, cause the only other thing I have on order is a new serger knife and that was only purchased 2 days ago, so where was my machine. I go into the sewing room to see what was in the envelope and there is my machine in its glory. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I'm still reading the manual, and I'm not sure where to put it. Tomorrow a friend and her DH are coming for supper, so I will get her down there for her opinion.
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom

New postby DorothyL on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:19 am

Congratulations on the new kid, Laura. Now get sewing!!
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby vickki on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Congratulations on your new toy....
vickki

New postby Magot on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm

wooohoooo! Have fun with that puppy!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Yay!!! Have lots of fun with your new baby & be sure to post a photo or two.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby HeyJudee on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Wow...congrats! Happy stitching!!!
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

Return to Sewing Machines