Bernina Aurora 430 zigzag problems

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Bernina Aurora 430 zigzag problems

New postby beckykenton on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm

My Bernina has been skipping stitches in the normal zigzag mode. I've cleaned it, oiled it, changed the needle, etc. I'm sewing potholders, but this hasn't been an issue before. Since I'm making them to sell in our local nature preserve gift shop, I want them to look great! The skipped zigzag is NOT great. I'm getting out my old Kenmore tonight!!!!! Somebody told me that it was made by Janome - don't know if that's true, but it's reliable!
beckykenton

Re: Bernina Aurora 430 zigzag problems

New postby bridesmom on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:51 pm

When was the last time it was serviced? Your timing could be out a smidge, and that would do it.
Welcome, by the way!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Sew-Classic on Tue May 04, 2010 5:33 am

beckykenton wrote: I'm getting out my old Kenmore tonight!!!!! Somebody told me that it was made by Janome - don't know if that's true, but it's reliable!

the model number of your Kenmore (on the machine- not the book) will start with a three number codes. This is the source code. If the machine was made by Janome, it will start with "385". A couple other common source codes: "158"- Maruzen (Japan), "148- Soryu (Japan), "117" - White (USA)...There are more.
Sew-Classic

New postby beckykenton on Thu May 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks!!!! 385 - it's a Janome - and it's zig-zagging flawlessly! A little noisy, but flawless!
beckykenton

Return to Sewing Machines