Machine for children

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Re: Machine for children

New postby temom on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Would you believe that my dd was given a featherweight for her 9th birthday? Yup, from a super sweet lady, who may have met her once or twice. DD is thrilled, and I'm so happy to have the link to the oiling guide! Her featherweight has a whole bunch of attachments, and I haven't figured out what all of them are or how to use them! We do have a reproduction of a manual. The machine sews like a dream, and the only down side that we've found is that the light gets very hot. DD had just finished making matching skirts for her 18 inch dolls, and was trying one on her AG doll (limited edition, at that - which was practically given to her - that one cost me $30 USD), and suddenly we had doll hair floating all around us. She was sitting at her machine, and the doll hair had touched the top of the light cover :o . Fortunately, Nelly had a lot of hair, so she still has a lot left!
Theresa
temom

New postby Sew-Classic on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Her featherweight has a whole bunch of attachments, and I haven't figured out what all of them are or how to use them!

There are some good instructions about many of the attachments right here:

SINGER Student's Manual of Machine Sewing -Free PDF

:)
Sew-Classic

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 pm

My box of attachments has several 'rolled hem' feet.. Or that is what I call them., they make different size hems.. Also a gathering foot. and a zipper foot. My Buttonhole attachment came in a separate green plastic box like the one Patsy talked about.. The reason I no longer have my Zig zag attachment is that I just never used it except for a couple of times, and it did not fit in the case properly. I just had it in the top of a closet alcove in our beach house, and when we split up and I went down there to get my clothes and 'old faithful' , I just forgot about it.. Several years later I asked my DS to bring it to me, and it was gone.. Thrown out in a cleaning frenzy, I suspect. I don't miss it because I never used it, except to test it.. It was the noisiest piece of equipment...
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

Previous

Return to Sewing Machines