Stupid pedal and hubby

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Stupid pedal and hubby

New postby bridesmom on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 pm

So, my pedal gets dirty inside after a while and when I push down on it, the machine will do 1 stitch then stop, or sometimes it won't come up enough so it locks up the machine. Dear hubby cleaned it out once before and it was great, so I gave it to him last night and he cleaned it all out, checked the wires, gave it back to me and I plugged it in, well, what a surprise it was. When I pushed down on the pedal it would do one stitch. When I touched and let go, my machine started to sew, without me!! I had to hold the pedal to the floor to get it to stop. As soon as I lifted up my foot, away it went. He thought I was doing something wrong, and made me turn off the machine, unplug, plug in and try again, and same thing. So he opened it up and somehow he had reversed something. Now it's fixed and I'm very happy, but it was pretty funny! at least to me!
My Tim the toolman hubby got his wires crossed!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Re: Stupid pedal and hubby

New postby MartySews2 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 am

That is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: My 7570 Pfaff has a speed control on the foot pedal. The first time I used it, the machine took off like lightening & startled me. I took the machine into the dealer because I thought something was wrong. They laughed & re-set the pedal for a slower speed. I believe that slow & steady is much better than "speed lightening" when sewing. Glad your hubby was able to fix it, Laura.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:52 am

I'm glad you didn't sew your finger!!! Hooray for Hubby!!!!!!!!!!
sewingmom

New postby momquilts on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:11 am

Can I send him my machine to fix? It starts and won't stop when I want it to, I have to turn it off to make it stop. It was very hard to sew the cloth books due to turning on and off at each corner. I have got to get back to my dealer...I wish I hadn't bought it 2.5 hours away from home. :(
momquilts

New postby lendube on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 am

That's funny, Laura. I'm glad you posted this because occassionally my machine acts that way. It'll just go sooooo slowly and then go back to normal. You've made me think it just needs a good cleaning. My house has more than it's share of dust/static from the constant dry and windy weather, the woodstove, the animals, me not vacuuming enough,etc.,etc........... :roll:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Sewing Machines