New Machine

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

New Machine

New postby vickki on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Can anyone tell me what they think of the Babylock embroidery machine....Thinking about getting one...I tried it out on Saturday,but don't really know much about embroidery machines to decide...Vickki
vickki

Re: New Machine

New postby temom on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:01 pm

No, I bought a Brother. If you are new to machine embroidery, I would highly reccomend you buy Machine Embroidery with Confidence by Nancy Zieman.
http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Embroider ... 0873498577
http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/se ... als&page=1

That answered so many of my questions. I bought the book with the DVD, but the dvd wasn't very helpful.
Theresa
temom

New postby MartySews2 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Vickki, my mom has a Babylock Ellegante & loves it. She's 78 years old & gave up her Pfaff because she liked the Ellegante better. For her, it is so much easier to use & sew her embroidery designs. Several ladies that I know have Babylock machines & love them. I have a small non-embroidery Babylock machine & like it a lot. I take it back & forth to the church every week. It's very sturdy even at 12 pounds. I'm not partial to Brother machines because I have not had a good experience with them ever. However the features are similar to the Babylock machines. It's all in one's personal preference & having a good dealer. Only you can decide.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby vickki on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you both very much,I am still thinking about it...It cost $2000.00 on sale,that is a bit muchbefore Christmas...Vickki
vickki

Return to Sewing Machines