looking for a presser foot lifter

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

looking for a presser foot lifter

New postby hippogirl on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 am

you know, the kind that mounts to your presser foot lever and you use your knee to raise the foot, keeping your hands free. I've not really had too much luck with my google search so far either (surprising). there are a few old chat room references to clotilde and allbrands. no hits there.....
hippogirl

Re: looking for a presser foot lifter

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Here is one advertised as fitting most machines. Here is the link - scroll down past the Fasturn tools - http://www.shirleyssewingstuff.com/tool ... ools_2.htm I don't know anything about this company so cannot recommend them but I think this is what you are looking for.

Universal Presser Foot Lifter

It's NEW, EXCITING and every
Sewing Artist and Quilter's DREAM!
A Universal Presser Foot Lifter which easily attaches to almost all new or older model sewing machines. It lifts the presser foot, thereby freeing your hands for control of the fabric while pivoting and adjusting.

Also, this unique and innovative tool provides a non-slip platform for your sewing machine pedal to be positioned right next to the Universal Presser Foot Lifter pedal.

Available in four versions to fit most machines:
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby hippogirl on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 am

that's great, thanx! guess I better get one now since they are so hard to find. that is the model I got a few hits on but the links were moved, changed, broken.......
hippogirl

New postby Sancin on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm

My greatest desire is to find a knee control to replace a floor foot. I had on my old Supermatic and loved it - so much easier on my back. Any one know if such a change is available?
*~*~*~* Nancy*~*~*~*

God put me on this earth to sew and finish a certain number of things. I am so far behind now.....I will never die!.......If I stitch fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise?
Sancin

Return to Sewing Machines