Time for the repair shop

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Re: Time for the repair shop

New postby sewingmom on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 am

Last time I had work done on my machine, the darn thing worked ok for a few minuts and began fouling up again so I went right back to the service man. He said he hadn't found anything wrong with is so he just cleaned and adjusted it. (Hadn't told me that up front.) I sewed on the same fabric right in front of him and it messed up. He filed a rough place off the bobbin casing and gave me a stretch needle and that fixed the problem. It probably didnh't even need the cleaning or adjusting.
sewingmom

New postby momquilts on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Does anyone have a Janome that does NOT stop sewing when you take you foot off the pedal? Mine speeds away and I have to turn it off to make it stop. Then I get the FC (foot control) error message. I am quilting fabric to make a diaper bag to sell and had to turn it off on every quilting pass down the fabric. The last time, I lost it and screamed! I think I will be going to the repair shop this week. The closest Janome dealer is an hour away - in the next state. :evil: I am not a happy camper.
momquilts

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 pm

My Babylock travel machine did that & the circuit board had a short in it. It went back to the shop 3 different times until it was fixed. I'm now on my 3rd circuit board in less than 2 years. Fortunately, for me, circuit boards are guaranteed for 5 years & I get 5 years from the date the last board was put in so that extended my warranty. Hope your repair is a quick one & you do not have to wait 2 weeks to get your machine back.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 pm

When my Janome did that I just had to replace the foot peddle. It cost $35.
sewingmom

New postby HeyJudee on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm

I had an issue with my Janome once...it wouldn't stop sewing then I released the pedal. But it would only go for 5 stitches at the most. I did a real good cleaning of the bobbin case and the lint around the inside area using a pipe cleaner. It seemed to stop. When I called my dealer he said it could have been that the sensor had some lint on it and the cleaning did the trick. Hasn't happened since...(knocking on wood that it doesn't start again since saying this) :uhuh:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:41 pm

I have never had any problem with my Janome except the ones I caused myself.. Winding bobbins full speed and then blaming the machine because I got puckered seams.. Someone on S-W-N told me what the problem was, and Voila! ! Have not had the problem since.. I always wind bobbins on the mid-speed button now..
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Sancin on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:51 pm

sewingmom wrote:When my Janome did that I just had to replace the foot peddle. It cost $35.

Same with me - there was a short in the wire from the machine to the pedal. Don't recall the cost but believe it was a lot more that $35. I believe I may now have the same problem with my newer machine as it is difficult to start when I step on the foot, but eventually get it.
*~*~*~* Nancy*~*~*~*

God put me on this earth to sew and finish a certain number of things. I am so far behind now.....I will never die!.......If I stitch fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise?
Sancin

New postby momquilts on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Well I thought I was taking my machine to the shop today. DH had other plans for me though. We spent 3 hours in the ER because he felt like he was going to black out for no reason. We sat in the waiting room for 1.5 hours before he was even evaluated. Then they did an EKG, blood work and a CAT scan of his head. Everything came back fine. They have no explanation for his episode. While talking when waiting for the discharge papers, he did mention he had nothing but a couple cups of tea and a Boston creme donut this morning. I wonder if his sugar spiked and made him feel like that. You can be sure he will be telling the primary care physician that when he has the appointment on Thursday. He has never had a problem with blood pressure or sugar before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. And the poor baby just turned 50 so he has a lot of miles left on him I hope!
momquilts

Previous

Return to Sewing Machines