How Many Sewing Machines ...

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Re: How Many Sewing Machines ...

New postby sewingmom on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:15 am

2 old unusable Singers from the early 1900's. One of them my mom used to make my clothes with till I was 12-15 years old. One Simplicity that is only a backup because it is tempramental. One Janome MC 5000 embroidery machine, One Janome 6600pro sewing machine, one White ATS 2000 serger, 1 Janome Coverpro 1000. One out of use tempramental White Speedyloc 1500 serger. 3 of these I bought new. the embroidery machine, old singers, serger were all pre owned and bought at very good prices.
sewingmom

New postby Here_Fishey on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:22 pm

I have 6 machines
A Viking Designer SE
A Viking 1070 (purchased used about 15 years ago)
A singer Treadle
A singer Hand Crank
A Bernina Deco 600 (also purchased used about 15 years ago)
A babylock esante serger
All of these machines work. When I purchased the Designer SE two years ago, I said that I was going to get rid of the Viking 1070 and the Deco 600.... I suppose that I should get started on that one.
Ruby
Missing Alaska
Here_Fishey

New postby Magot on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:57 pm

I feel very undernourished.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:39 pm

My machines are stashed all over the house including the entry hall.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingmom on Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:49 pm

I need to get rid of 3 of mine. 1 totaly unusable, 1 a PITA (White speedyloc 1500 serger), The one I called a backup.
sewingmom

New postby Mom of Six on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:52 pm

I have a Singer Professional that I got a few years ago on clearance at Sam's Club for $90. & A Montgomery Ward machine that I got new in 1981. My Serger is a Janome MyLock 744D. I sold all my old ones a couple of years ago in a yard sale. I wasn't using them & thought I could help someone else out by selling them cheap enough They all went for $10 -$20 except the old black Singer in a solid Oak cabinet. That one I got $50 for The girl buying it wanted it for the case. It had sat in a shed at my inlaws for about10 years & When i plugged it in it still sewed. I just didn't have room to keep them all in the house.
I sold them all when the show "Clean Sweep" was on & I decided that I should part with things that were just taking up space. I sold a lot of Fabric & patterns at the same time. I really haven't missed most of it.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby sewingmom on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:57 am

Magot, Until 4 years ago it never entered my mind that anyone would have more than one sewing machine and maybe a serger. I had the simplicity and the speedyloc 1500, both of which are tempramental and discourage my sewing. I then met someone that had the Janome embroidery machine for sell for $200. I thought I would get rid of the simplicity but have held on to it for a backup. I thought I would pass on the Simplicity to my 8year old DGD but why would I want to discourage her sewing? Think I will Take it to a thrift store this week.
Last edited by sewingmom on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sewingmom

New postby HeyJudee on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:29 am

I have a Kenmore (bought in 2002) that I used for a bit and then gave to my niece in 2004...and then when she didn't need it any longer I gave it to my sister. So I guess it really isn't mine any longer...LOL
A Janome MC 6500P that I bought in 2004 when I wanted to get into machine quilting and this is my main machine. Just love it.
A Kenmore 385.19110 that I bought in 2006 and use to take to classes. It has the needle up & down and speed control and saves my back as toting the 6500 is a pain. Also keep it setup in my spare room for when I want to do some sewing and I the 6500 is being used to quilting a quilt.
A Janome My Lock 134D serger - belonged to my friend who passed away and I bought it from her daughter. I haven't even tried it yet...that is on my list of things to do one of these days... :whistle:
TTFN from Canada
Judy
HeyJudee

New postby Sew-Classic on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 am

I will simply plead the fifth.

OK...I am going to only count the ones that I really consider "keepers", not the ones that are just visiting (which I often put to use).

I have a Kenmore 19606 (much like the Janome MC488/4900). Poor thing......hardly ever gets any attention.

Then there is the Kenmore 158.1753 - the green monster! I love this machine. DH loves this machine. Strong, smooth preceise, vestaile...the only thing it's "missing" is adjustable needle position. It's all metal inside and out and from the very early 1970's.

I also have a "take along machine" - a Kenmore 158.1050. This bugger is cute as the dickens and light too. I it's case, it weighs about the same as a featherweight packed up in its black case.

Then there is the Singer 201-3 that is currently living in a treadle cabinet. I use it often by my front window. I still have the motor and could easily convert it back to electric if I wanted to. This gets as much, perhaps more usage than the "green monster". For all you gals with treadle as decorative pieces- you ARE missing out!

And, to round out the group, I have Charlie crab (my blind stitch machine), a Janome 634d serger, and my newest machine- the Brother 2340CV coverstich.

Hmmmm...I thought it would sound better if I ONLY counted the ones that I don't plan on re-homing......still sounds pretty bad...or good...depends on how you look at it I suppose!
Sew-Classic

New postby mommydionne on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 pm

I feel so much better after reading this thread....
I have a bernina 160
a brother 180D (embroidery only)
viking 610 serger
and two antique singers, one is a treadle and the other is an old "portable" electric with the wooden case and weighs a ton! it is the machine I learned to sew on.
Jeanette - collecter of sewing machines and small children...
mommydionne

PreviousNext

Return to Sewing Machines