Complaints About Sewing Machines

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

Re: Complaints About Sewing Machines

New postby momquilts on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:22 am

When I got my new machine last year, I was so afraid of it that I read the manual cover to cover. It was not an expensive machine compared to what some of you have, but to me it was a major purchase and I didn't want anything to go wrong with it. It had been 20 years since I had a new machine so things were quite different on this one. I have had it one year and I keep the manual on the bookshelf right behind the machine. I pull it out frequently so I get the correct settings for the different projects. I have to say that this was one purchase that has definitely been worth the price I paid for it, I have used it practically every day and love it more each time I use it!
momquilts

New postby Reta J on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 am

I still have my manual next to my sewing machine and refer to it anytime I am changing a setting or doing something that I don't do everyday as in putting in a zipper, blind hemming, buttonholes, etc. It is easier to glance over and refresh my memory then to putz through it.
I have my manual and workbook next to my serger and am doing the excercises that the workbook has to learn it all.
Machines are great, but sometimes it is the operator that needs the tune up. :brick:
Sewing Forever
Housework Whenever
Reta J
Reta J

New postby DorothyL on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 pm

My manuals are on the shelf within reach of the sewing machine and serger.
Dorothy
DorothyL

New postby carman on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:38 pm

i must admit i am not a manual reader :o i learn by hands on as well as i am a visual learner, so the manual gets used, its close to my machine when i cannot figure something out. there are times i will call a friend who has the same machine and ask her just to avoid the manual :brick: i do take as many classes as i can and frequently too, i stick with the teachers who can teach visually as well, as there are some that give hand outs, say a quick blurb and then say follow the instructions, if i wanted to read, i would just ask for the instructions and go home :roll: i teach that way too, as well as the hands outs for the readers. i don't run to the dealer for everything as i like to problem solve myself as i find i teach myself a lot that way too, either that or i am just to @#$% stubborn lol

carman
carman

New postby DorothyL on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 am

To tell the truth, I have very few problems with my sewing machines -- and serger now that I have figured out it's one big issue.
Dorothy
DorothyL

Previous

Return to Sewing Machines