My machine died

Troubleshoot a problem or get machine recommendations.

My machine died

New postby sewingrandma on Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 am

Finally took my sewing machine in to get it repaired-zig zag would change length and width as I stitched a seam, plus it sounded like someone was pounding it when I did sew the zig zag stitch. There were also a few other small issues with it so it was definitely time. Got it back and it was like a new machine and I was only charged for a cleaning. I used it for about and month and it suddenly died. A tree outside the window where I keep my machine (unplugged when not in use) was recently struck by lightening and since then the machine won't turn on. The lighted panel will come on but nothing else. Rather than take it back to the service center DH tore it apart and it looks like a resistor blew. He is looking for one to replace it and hopefully I'll be sewing again on it. I do have 2 other machines I can use in the meantime but the dead one is my favorite. BTW the only outages we had in the house from the strike was the modem for the internet and phone and an outside flood light mounted on the house. Took a while for DH and me to calm down from the explosive sound the strike created too, very scary.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Re: My machine died

New postby sewingrandma on Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:33 pm

My machine is back in the land of the working again. DH bought a new resistor and all the stuff that needs to go with it to solder it. Took a while to get the machine back together since there were so many screws and springs and what have you but DH did it. I've been sewing on toys for babies all afternoon with it.

My hats are off to sewing machine repair people, it is a struggle to get machines apart and back to together again.
Brockie
sewingrandma

Return to Sewing Machines