Let's Play May Bingo

Home to bingo and the word game.

Moderator: Pudge99

Re: Let's Play May Bingo

New postby Magot on Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 am

Get well soon Theresa!

Now on 5 as well, we have a bank holiday weekend here, so Tony and a mate are doing the Very Last Bit to the kitchen (drilling a hole in the wall to fit the extractor fan for the cooker hood.) I am going to escape and go SHOPPING!! clothes, new headlamp bulb for my car, garden centre. muahahaha!

Got pulled over by the police in the pouring rain on Wednesday night. Never happened to me before , I had noticed the headlamp bulb was out so suspected that was what it was about. The policeman sat in his car. I sat in mine. He sat in his. I sat in mine. Eventually he must have realised the rain wasn't ring to ease up and he came over. I recognised him from Town Pastors, and said "Oh, Hello L***** ," "Hello," he says" Did you know you got a headlamp bulb out?" It had gone that evening and I had spares in the car so he said "like, get it fixed tomorrow, I'm getting out of the rain"

Isn't it weird, I knew I don't drive badly, and I knew the bulb was out yet still my heart was racing the few moments that I waited in the car. I couldn't tell at first that he wanted me to pull over so I kept driving! He must have thought i was nuts! From my time on TP I have seen the police take so much stick from people - they really are patient and I have a lot of respect for them.
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby Mom of Six on Sat May 05, 2012 6:20 am

Words for May 5th
Jenga
Trouble
Triominos
7 Up
Racko
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby temom on Sat May 05, 2012 8:06 am

Wow,Jan, glad u didnt get a ticket.
I;m going to try and check my bingo words today. I tried my usual method, but it hurts to use the mouse.
Ok, for those who want to know what I did...giving everyone who doesnt want to know a chance to ignore this post...
On monday was making dinner. a few weeks ago I bought a hand slicer that works very well, this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Adj ... n/20470690
Well...I wasn't using the finger guard, AND i thought I;d slice 2 carrotts at the same time...
and there was a lot of blood and a huge amount of pain.
The good news is that I still have my fingertip, and didn't need stitches. But I did cut off a big chunk of my fingernail (the part that is attached to the nail bed). and have cuts on the tip. we were able to get the bleeding stopped, but it would gush again when we tried to bandage it. So tuesday morning went to my doc who very nicely took care of it for me instead of sending me to a doc in a box... but it took her 30 minutes to get the bleeding stopped. I now know what it really means to cauterize a wound :o :cry: . so she bandaged me up and wrote down what kind of dressing I should buy so it wouldnt stick...adaptic if you want to know. I went to 6 stores before I found it!
it still hurts like nuts. it woke me up at 1 am this morning, and a few minutes ago i bumped it. :x :o I think i need a finger guard... anyway, I cant get it wet, and im off kitchen duty for a while. I may try to sew today, if dd will cut something out for me. it has taken forever to type this, so I'm off. I'm reading your posts on my ipod (doesn;t hurt the finger), but it is hard to post.
So the moral: don't be stupid!
Theresa
temom

New postby lendube on Sat May 05, 2012 9:22 am

temom wrote: I bought a hand slicer that works very well,

Apparently so, Theresa!! Sounds horrible. I have a bit of a knife phobia and you've really given me the creeps. Fingertips are just a bunch of nerves. So painful. Hope you heal quickly.

Jan, that must have been a very long few minutes waiting in your car with the rain pouring down! Do police issue "fix-it" tickets in England? That's what it would have been here. 30 or 60 days to prove you've taken care of a problem with the car and no charge ............unless you don't!
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby Magot on Sat May 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Nah, never heard of a fix it ticket, just my chum telling me to get it sorted. The number of people you see driving on one head light is ridiculous - I hate it! I was glad to know that they stopped you to tell you - bless him he started with "In case you didn't know, one of your headlights is out" This driver side one went 6 months ago - this car eats bulbs.

Theresa- that was some hand slicer! keep taking the pain killers!
love and kisses, Jan
Guts-R-Us
Cells a Speciality
DNA to order
A Womb with a View
Dog Jumpers AOK
Microbe mania
Magot

New postby Mom of Six on Sat May 05, 2012 3:29 pm

We get fix it tickets here, they give you 7 days to fix it then you have to go to a police station & get it signed off to not pay a fine. That goes for lights, mufflers ect.
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby Mom of Six on Sun May 06, 2012 6:00 am

May 6,2012 Today would have been my Grandma's 112th BDay, She loved to play card games!
Calculation
Say Anything
Yahtzee
Stacked
Hands Down
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby Mom of Six on Sun May 06, 2012 6:25 am

1 person has 4
1 has 5
3 have7
1 has 8
1 has 10
Wow those are some good #s for so early in the month!
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six

New postby lendube on Sun May 06, 2012 9:46 am

That's me with 10!! WhooHoo! I could win on Wednesday!

Played a lot of Rack-O (think that's how it's on the box) and Yahtzee as a kid. Tried Yahtzee not too long ago and it was pretty boring but maybe that was because it was just the two of us. :roll:

Ds informed me when I asked (since he's always tinkering with his truck and occasionally getting fix-it tickets) that you do have to pay $20.00 per violation even if you fix the problem. And, good for him, extensions are quite generous.

I got married 34 years ago today - 5-6-78. Didn't even occur to me that it was that date until years later. But then again, I was an obliviate to have gotten married then anyway.. :roll: :twisted: At least I got it right the second time around. :party1:
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby momquilts on Sun May 06, 2012 4:20 pm

I am the person with 8. I chose games that we played as kids or that we played with our kids. They seem to be working for me so far!

Barb, we have a lot in common - my Grandma was born in 1900 also. I think we're close to the same age, possibly have a child the same age and are married the same amount of time. One thing different about us though is the amount of projects you complete....I don't come close to that number. :oops:
momquilts

PreviousNext

Return to Games