Newbie Here!

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Newbie Here!

New postby putznanu on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi! :D I'm a newbie to this forum, but I have been sewing/crafting for more then 30 years. Seems like a great group of people and I look forward to reading all the tips and meeting some new people.

I have a Designer SE and a Huskylock 936 (which I use) as well as a Singer Quantum, White basic, Brother basic and a Singer from 1971(that I don't use)! Since I've gotten my Designer, I have learned that sewing, embroidery and quilting are very expensive, so I am going to try to earn some money from this addiction so I can fund the "monkey" on my back! :lol:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my experiences here. :P
putznanu

Re: Newbie Here!

New postby temom on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi and welcome! I don't embroider, but I still spend way too much of my sewing addiction!
Theresa
temom

New postby lendube on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:55 pm

You're in good company! We've all got our own monkeys, some larger than others. Welcome to the troop!

I manage to make some money with my sewing. I live in a very small town and word of mouth is what does it for me. I sew/embroider for the fire dept, the schools, cheerleaders and local folk. Don't know how I'd do it in a large area (I probably wouldn't) because I'm far from professional and couldn't compete. I just do average home sewing and machine embroidery but it's amazing to me how few people bother or know how anymore.

Good luck and hope to see you around here often.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

New postby MartySews2 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm

Welcome to the group. I used to teach Basic Machine embroidery at a local Hancock Fabrics but had to stop because of life issues. I do love the look of machine embroidery as well as hand embroidery tastefully done (ie: small designs). One of the most critical things that I have learned thru the years is that one needs the proper stabilizer and thread weight to be successful. It can become expensive if one tries to buy everything at once. However, I've built up a small stash by buying a little at a time. Glad that you've joined the group and I look forward to seeing pics of your projects.
Happy Stitching!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Brenisback on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Hi putznanu ...Welcome ...I always wonder if our Hubby's even have half an Idea of how much we spend on our Addiction LOL . lots of nice people here to help and chat with. :)
Brenda

People come into your life ...for a Reason a Season or a Lifetime.
Brenisback

New postby bridesmom on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 am

Welcome to the gang! I too have one of those sewing addictions. I think my hubby has a pretty good idea that I spend a lot of money on my sewing, but I don't think he realizes just how much stuff is stashed away in places in the basement!!! Feel free to jump in anywhere!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

Return to Introduce Yourself