Finally found you guys!

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Re: Finally found you guys!

New postby esrun3 on Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:35 pm

Hi Julie! Glad you have finally found us...I've thought of you often while you "missing in action". Congrats to hubby for starting on his RN....hope he enjoys the classes-I know I usually did! Can't wait to see your wedding ring quilt! you'll have to show pics. How are the girls doing?
Lyn
esrun3

New postby swartzrn on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi guys! Thank you for the welcomes!! I had to search a bit to find you all but it's so great to be back!
Debby-the wedding ring quilt is still in a million pieces. I haven't ever done any curved seams so it has been a learning experience. My original goal was to have it done by their wedding which was last month but obviously that didn't happen. The little one started preschool and the oldest in 11th grade so I am staying busier than usual lately. Also, I started back to working primarily nights as to be available to pick up the little one from school. After January though I hope to have a "nanny" to help me on the days I work and can go back to days. I'm back in school too so my sewing took a backburner for a little while but with this past semester over, I'm back to where I have more time to sew!
We bought a house last year and I did make valances for 3 of the rooms, bought a swag for the living room and haven't done the other 3 bedrooms yet. It was my first experience with valances but I think they turned out OK!
I'd like to make some gift bags for the holidays and managed to find an easy-cheesy pattern so I think that tomorrow, I'm going to run by a couple of fabric shops tomorrow and see if I can find some pretty Christmas fabric or some holiday looking solids.
Anyway, thanks again for all of your welcomes!! Juli
Peace, Joy and Chocolate,

Julie
swartzrn

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Welcome Back Julie.. Glad you found us.. Glad to hear about your new home.. Glad the girls are doing ok.. Pre School HUH??? Boy, time sure flies!!!
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby bridesmom on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Hey Julie!! Glad to see you on the boards again! How did you find us?
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby ninifav on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm

well, hi, Julie, I wondered what happened to you but couldn't remember you SWN "name." Is your husband still in the service while he goes to school?? that is so great..a career that he can really use even when he retires from the army...Welcome back, girl...Paula
ninifav

New postby Brenisback on Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:12 am

Hi Julie I'm glad you found us to...to bad you didn't find us earlier so you could have joined the Xmas Swap this year...You were one of my partner's last year...I will hang your Star this year. :D ... :D
Brenda

People come into your life ...for a Reason a Season or a Lifetime.
Brenisback

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself