Checking in from Nor. Calif.

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Checking in from Nor. Calif.

New postby Judi on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:37 pm

It's nice to find all of you. I'm Judi - sometimes known as 'GrammaJudi' by my grown DGS's - I've been married to my 'imported' Aussie DH for nearly 18 years, and between us we have 6 grown children, spread around the US and one in Australia, one in South Africa. It makes for a lot of traveling. We have 14 grandkids, counting all the 'steps'. And some Great-grands too.
I just 'sew'. Whatever hits my fancy at the time. I love heirloom techniques, though christening gowns and baby garments aren't included due to us not having any little ones. Maybe the DGK's will change that. I do a lot of garment sewing, Home decor, and some craft sewing too. I like quilting techniques but have no desire to make full sized quilts. Wall hangings are another matter.
DH is a woodworker - and we do much the same kind of things. We select the pattern, choose the materials, cut them apart, and put them back together in different ways. :D He's a confirmed believer that 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to equipment - so he doesn't complain about new presser feet - or tools for the SR. And I encourage him to buy new router bits.

We're retired, and make toys for the Toys for Tots Christmas program. He builds wooden toys, and I help paint them. We also travel as much as possible. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you and sharing the sewing knowledge that abounds here.
Judi

Sewing is almost better than Chocolate.
Judi

Re: Checking in from Nor. Calif.

New postby PaulineG on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi Judi, Good to see you here. I'm getting such a feeling of deja vu though.
Pauline
PaulineG

Re: Checking in from Nor. Calif.

New postby neefer on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 am

I'm here, too.
Jennifer in Livermore

Bonny lass, bonny lass, will you be mine?
You shall neither wash dishes nor serve the wine;
But sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,
And feast upon strawberries, sugar, and cream.
neefer

Return to Introduce Yourself