Hello to everyone!

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Re: Hello to everyone!

New postby msevle on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:11 pm

Yes it is very addicting! I come from a no-sew back ground my mom doesn't know how to sew on a button :). But when I met my husband and saw all of the cool things that Lyn can make I wanted to do it for myself! She has made so many things for my kids and she made me the most beautiful asian themed quilt hanging! I treasure it, it's beautiful! I'll post a pic on here when I get a min.

I really always wanted to learn to sew and now that I see my MIL having so much fun I just had to come and crash the party!
msevle

New postby temom on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:46 am

Well we are certainly happy to have you. Here is your first lesson:
Do not be ashamed of what you make.

It doesn't matter if your project doesn't look the same as someone who has been sewing for a bazillion years. Your project is your project, and reflects your likes and often your personality. So revel in what you make, and have fun!
Theresa
temom

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi Valinda, welcome to the group. Look forward to seeing pics of your projects. I would post mine if I could figure out how to get the pics from the camera to the laptop. :lol: Oh well ... one of these days. Have fun with your new skills. You have a great teacher and I promise you that she did not pay me to say that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marty in West TN
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby esrun3 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:04 pm

temom wrote:Well we are certainly happy to have you. Here is your first lesson:
Do not be ashamed of what you make.

It doesn't matter if your project doesn't look the same as someone who has been sewing for a bazillion years. Your project is your project, and reflects your likes and often your personality. So revel in what you make, and have fun!

Theresa-what a great lesson!! I've often said that as well, whoever you are making something for has no idea how it is supposed to be so you can make it any way you want and it will be right!! The most important thing is to have fun!
Lyn
esrun3

New postby msevle on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:17 am

My placemats are almost ready for their debut! I am so excited that this is a project that I did by myself!!
msevle

New postby Brenisback on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:33 pm

Good for you...can't wait to see a picture. :applause:
Brenda

People come into your life ...for a Reason a Season or a Lifetime.
Brenisback

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself