Former Sew-Whats-New User

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Former Sew-Whats-New User

New postby dukalovic on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:44 am

Hello Everyone

I was glad to find this site. Don't know what happened to "Sew-Whats-New" site, enjoyed that site very much.

I'm in the process of reviewing a digitizer software "Generataions" for a possible purchase. I enjoy embroidery on my machine and would like to have a good digitizer software to do my own creations. Does anyone have this software or know about it. It is very expense and I want to make sure that I'm making a good investment in buying it.

Glad to be part of this forum again.

Delphine
dukalovic

Re: Former Sew-Whats-New User

New postby carman on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 am

can't answer your digitizing question, but welcome back to the new boards :celebrate:
carman

New postby jwright on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 pm

carman wrote:can't answer your digitizing question, but welcome back to the new boards :celebrate:

I second that! :celebrate:
jwright

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:19 pm

I also don't know about digitizing but the site closed because Mary decided to take her life back. Well that isn't exactly how she put it but she did decide to shut down & Katelyn's DH was kind enough to start this site up for us. Check it out here http://swn-archive.sew-whats-up.com/arc ... 23046.html
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby LeapFrog Libby on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:24 pm

Welcome Dukalovic,
We are sure glad you found us.. A lot of us are here... Mary just had so much on her plate, she had to discontinue the old site.. Kaitlinn volunteered to be a new webmistress and we had a temporary site that we were going on and continuing the discussion boards, and K went on a trip and she is married to this wonderful person (Robert, I think is his name) who while she was gone, designed and built this whole new website and had it ready for her when she got home.. And, I think it was only a weekend trip.. Check down lower on the page and he has a string there showing pics and describing how he did it..
anyway, what I was going to say is look up in the top border and see where is says "Search the Sew Whats New Archive" .. He loaded all the old discussions on here to save them.. With Mary's blessings, of course..So anytime you need to remember something, there it is.. Welcome back ! !
Sew With Love
Libby
LeapFrog Libby

New postby Corinna29 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:23 pm

Welcome back to the boards
Corinna29

New postby bridesmom on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:34 pm

Welcome and glad you found us! I am not familiar with your program, I use Embird and have the digitizer program with it. All in all, it wasn't all that expensive and I really like it, course there is a huge learning curve, as there is with any new software program, but I have found a few really good sites that give great tips about it. And the best part, you can get a free demo for a month. ( I think I made it 1 week before I broke down and bought it)
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby lendube on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:23 pm

Welcome, I absolutely remember your name from SWN. Glad you found us.

I suggest you post this question under Machine Embroidery. Others might find it there that didn't here.

Good luck.
Lennie

The Man who says it can't be done should not Interrupt the Woman doing it.
lendube

Return to Introduce Yourself