Greetings from Packer Country!

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Greetings from Packer Country!

New postby badgermom on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:32 pm

The introduction part of a message board is the best part! I enjoyed reading about all of you. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin, work at the technical college, I'm a mom of 4, all of them grown up now, but fortunately we keep in close touch and I see them quite often even though they live a couple of hours away. Well, one daughter lives in New York, but she hopes to move back to Wisconsin before too long. I learned to sew when I was very little, made many of my clothes and even sewed for other people. As a young mother I sewed a line of children's clothing to earn extra money. Once the kids were older, I went to work full time, and that was the end of all the sewing. Now I sew purely for enjoyment and enjoy quilting, making baby clothes (I'm a new grandmother!), and other types of sewing for the home. After making my grandson's baptismal outfit, I'd really like to do some more of that--for future grandchildren. I'd also like to do more quilting. I've never posted to a message board like this one, so I'm anxious to see what kind of interaction goes on here!
badgermom

Re: Greetings from Packer Country!

New postby Barbara Span on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:49 pm

Go Packers!!!
I and my family are avid Packer fans. So glad Farve will play at least one more year. I sure hope they use they time to groom a new QB.

I lived most of my life in Wisconsin.
2 Years ago I moved from Madison to Kettering Ohio to live near my daughter and her family.

The Bengals are Ok, but they don't hold a candle to the Packers.
Barbara
Barbara Span

New postby badgermom on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi Barbara! I forgot to mention my name is Sally. My husband and I, and all of my kids graduated from UW-Madison, so the city and University is near and dear to our hearts. We're not big football followers, but you can't live in Green Bay without being swept up in the excitement of the game and the team.
badgermom

New postby kaitlinnegan on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:47 pm

badgermom also forgot to mention that she is my mother! Maybe she wanted to keep it a secret...but the cat's out of the bag now. :D I think you'll like it around here, Mom -- lots of creative, smart and helpful people!
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby PaulineG on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi Sally. Do you know I thought it was amazing that somebody who'd never posted on a message board had found us already. I concluded that you'd been on SWN as a lurker only. Special welcome to you and hope to see you around heaps.
Pauline
PaulineG

New postby temom on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi Sally, I think you will be quite pleased by the interactions here. Of course you know why we are all here at this brand spankin' new forum, but you probably don't know how supportive and friendly everyone is. I've only been sewing for a short while, and my confidence and abilities have increased incredibly, all because of the people who are now here. This is a wonderful group of people that you have joined, and I hope that you will join us often.
Theresa
temom

New postby badgermom on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi Theresa,
I can see that this is quite a nice group of people, all with a common interest in and love of sewing. Katie talks about her sewing friends all the time, so I'm anxious to see how it works, and what types of things are shared. In my work, I supervise online educational programs, so I'm familiar with the fact that the Internet can be a meaningful link between individuals. I have to find out from Katie how to post a photo, so I can post a picture of the baptism outfit I made for my grandson. It's the first garment I've made in quite a while.
badgermom

Return to Introduce Yourself