Drool...Hi There, I'm Carolyn

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Drool...Hi There, I'm Carolyn

New postby Satsuma on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi All!

I only discovered this forum a couple of days ago, but I figure it is the time to introduce myself proper-like. My name's Carolyn, and I live in Montreal, Quebec with my boyfriend and our bearded dragon, Boba Fett. My first love is soapmaking, and I have a bath & body business in its 4th year.

I've been sewing for about 4 days now, so I guess you could call me a beginner. :P It looks like I'm going to learn a ton on this forum, so long as I can figure out what the heck y'all are talking about, and for that I thank you all in advance.

In exchange, some interesting things that I know about:

1. Stained glass. I worked as a pro glass artisan for 8 years. If there's anything you want to know about stained glass, I'd be happy to help.

2. Painting walls. Yep, it's pretty straightforward, but if you've never painted a wall, I'm your girl. Whenever my business was going crappy in the early days and there was no glass to make, I painted apartments. And sheds.

3. Vegetarian cooking. I've been vegetarian since I was 12, so although I don't love to cook, I do have some good recipes floating around. Be forewarned, though, they all contain copious amounts of cheese. So if you're looking for low fat options, um, sorry!

G'day to ya all! And thanks again!

*edited for spelling
Last edited by Satsuma on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolyn
Satsuma

Re: Drool...Hi There, I'm Carolyn

New postby Mom of Six on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Welcome! :)
Barb
wife to 1
Mom to Six
Mother in Law to 2
Grandma to 4
Lunchlady
Mom of Six
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!
2009 Stash Challenge Winner - Clean Sweep!

New postby kaitlinnegan on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:44 pm

Welcome welcome! :) I bet with all your creative skills you will catch right on to sewing. And I'll be looking forward to hearing about your vegetarian cooking. I'm a vegetarian myself, and you know Wisconsin is the dairy state.. :D
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

New postby Satsuma on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I don't know about me catching on quickly, so far I can't even follow the pattern pictograms, LOL. I'm determined, though!
Carolyn
Satsuma

New postby MartySews2 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi Carolyn, welcome to the group. Hope you will be sewing in no time. What type of sewing are you interested in learning?
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby ninifav on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Welcome, Carolyn...don't worry about being a newbie to sewing..our site hostess, Kaitlyn,swears that she just started sewing about a year ago...now she is entering wardrobe contests!!
Paula
ninifav

New postby Corinna29 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Welcome, Carolyn. Don't be afraid to ask questions - there's a wealth of knowledge here. Occasionally, even I have an answer. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
Corinna29

New postby Sancin on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 am

Welcome from the other side of Canada. You sound like you could be my DIL. She lives in Montreal with my son, has lots of artistic interests and is about the same type of sewer as you. She also paints walls and whatever, but never volunteers to come paint my walls!! Glad you joined us.
*~*~*~* Nancy*~*~*~*

God put me on this earth to sew and finish a certain number of things. I am so far behind now.....I will never die!.......If I stitch fast enough does it count as an aerobic exercise?
Sancin

New postby Sewing Lady on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:16 am

Welcome Carolyn! The ladies on this board are the kindest that I have had the pleasure to meet. I do believe that you will learn a lot from them. I agree that if you can follow the directions to cut out the glass patterns, you can follow a pattern guide. And, oh yeah, What kind of sewing are you learning to do?

Welcome and Good Sewing.
Leighanna
"To love what you do and feel that it matters -- how could anything be more fun?"
Katharine Graham - Washington Post
Sewing Lady

New postby searose on Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:21 am

welcome Carolyn Another Canadian vegetarian here . Also did stained glass for a few years. I have been sewing for over 40 years but consider myself an advanced beginner as i am completely self-taught. There are lots of good books available for beginner - one i recommend is fairly new "SEW U " by Wendy Mullin. Very newbie friendly and a very easy read for beginners. lynne
searose

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself