Hey there!

New here? Stop in and say hello!

Hey there!

New postby Sews4kate on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 am

This site looks great! Love the colors, my favorite :D

My name is Wendy, I am 37, married for 6 years, 2 wonderful children, dd is 4 and ds is 14 months. They keep me very busy! I am a licensed hairstylist but do not work in a salon anymore. Will go back once the kids are in school full time. I learned to sew when my dd was born, I wanted to make clothes for her like my Grandmother did for me, hence my username "Sews4kate" :D :D We live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago Illinois.

I haven't sewn too much lately. Am currently trying to finish up some clothes for my dd to go back to preschool. I'd love to sew for my ds, but without a serger I have a hard time with knits and that what I'd like to use for his clothes :( Hopefully one day we'll move to a house where I can have a sewing room (or corner) where I can leave my machine out all the time. Currently I have to use the kitchen table and pull it out and put it away all the time, too time consuming sometimes to even start a project.

anyway, that's me, see ya around!
Wendy
Sews4kate

Re: Hey there!

New postby kaitlinnegan on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:01 am

Hey Wendy -- I know what a pain it is to have to set up the machine every time you want to sew. I'm lucky now that I have my own sewing room, but I still don't sew as much as I'd like to! I hope you'll post some pictures of DD's new clothes - I bet she will be the best dressed preschooler! :)
Kaitlinnegan - your Sew What's Up administrator
Private message me if you have questions/comments/suggestions
Please e-mail me at kaitlinnegan@gmail.com if you have trouble logging in.
kaitlinnegan
Site Admin

Re: Hey there!

New postby Barbara Span on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Hi Wendy,
I know how you feel about not having a sewing room. I had a craft room in my home/ and Condo in Wisconsin. I moved to Ohio to live near my daughter and her family. I am renting a small apartment. Since I plan to buy again I didn't want to spend more on rent than I had to. Finding the space to do any hobbies is a challenge
The dining room table has become the "craft center"
Barbara
Barbara Span

Return to Introduce Yourself