What da ya wanta know?

New here? Stop in and say hello!

What da ya wanta know?

New postby Sewhappie on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:40 am

I have been sewing since I was 7 yrs old. Taught by my mom and various other people along the way. I also knit, have a embroidery machine ( still green with this one), a serger, and am learning how to quilt. I worked up until 2003 as a Industrial Seamstress, loved it. While on Medical Leave, Boss sold the company to settle his divorce to a business in Kansas. Now I make purses for a local teacher (retired this past school year) who is starting her own Business. Great part-time job as it allows me to make pocket money to buy more fabric to make things for my new Grandbaby, due to arrive in January!!!!!! DH and I will be celebrating our 27th Wedding Anniversary this coming December 27. We have 2 children. Our oldest (a girl,25 -soon to be 26) is married 2 years now, finishing at her College in October and will become a Mommy in January (if not sooner!!!!) DD and SIL bought a house one year ago for their 1st Anniversay. Our youngest (a boy-22-soon to be 23) works three jobs and will be starting back to the local University in a matter of weeks. We are lucky if we ever get to see him as he is always on the run!!!! No sweetheart in his life right now, says he's to busy to have one. DH and I are empty-nesters with 4 furballs and 1 lone fish in the fish tank!! We have lived in our house since 1992, but hope to relocate sometime in the near future. I would love to either go to the Ocean, the shores of Lake Erie, or Las Vegas. :mrgreen:
Doodlebug's are for Grandmas!!!
Sewhappie

Re: What da ya wanta know?

New postby techalum on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:27 pm

OK,

I just have to say this,

The Ocean, shores of lake Erie or Vegas. Could you get much different than that??????

-Tech
techalum

New postby FranW on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:29 pm

I vote for the ocean!
Happy Sewing!
Fran
FranW

New postby bridesmom on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:42 am

You could choose the Great White North! Now that would be different again!
Laura
Go Canucks!
Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage
bridesmom
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner
2008/2009 Stash Challenge Winner

New postby Sewhappie on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 am

Right now I think that I would move anywhere that is not this Town!!!! I love the State, just not where we are at. The entire State is loosing jobs left and right, with no hopes of anything new coming in. The new Governor has his hands full trying to get business to either not close up completely and to get new ones to move into the state.
DH was born and raised here in the town we live in and he's ready to move to some place better than here.
Doodlebug's are for Grandmas!!!
Sewhappie

New postby Patty22 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:42 am

Naomi, I just don't think it is Ohio with job losses, but it is everywhere.... come live by us ;)
Patty
"The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show." ~ Unknown
Patty22

New postby DorothyL on Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:06 am

.... come live by us

You'll love the winters!!
Dorothy
DorothyL

Return to Introduce Yourself