I am new here :)

New here? Stop in and say hello!

I am new here :)

New postby Marynbo on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:12 am

hello everyone and thanks for the add :) Sewing is one of my big passions, but I still consider myself a novice as I just returned to sewing this year after a long...long... break for over 10 years :D my name is Maryna, I am 33 and living in Cambridgeshire. I love making handbags(at least I try), and making dresses for myself. Will be great to meet interesting people who likes to share some experience, give advice or just have a chat :) also speaking Russian and Ukrainian(for those who may wish to speak in their native language) :)
Marynbo

Re: I am new here :)

New postby MartySews2 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Welcome Marynbo!!! Hope you will find inspiration, creativity and help here on the group. I live in Memphis, TN and sew primarily garments and some craft items. Right now, I'm working on several machine embroidery projects. I've been sewing for over 50 years with little to no breaks. Hope you will post pics of your projects as we all like eye candy. Happy Stitching!
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby sewingrandma on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:47 am

Welcome Marynbo. We are a small but friendly group with many interests and abilities and always willing to help if we can. I've been sewing since I was around 8 and I too took a break of about 10 years. Life got in the way! I did sew most of our children's clothing until they got to the age where they didn't want anything 'homemade' also some shirts and trousers for DH and all of my uniforms that I needed for work plus blouses, tees and slacks. I started in again about 25 years ago and haven't slowed down since. Currently I sew mainly baby items for charity and I keep meaning to sew some new outfits for myself but that hasn't happened yet. I have a brother who is very difficult to find clothing that fits him so I have been making t-shirts for him and my youngest grandchild needs a Halloween costume made this year. She is going to be a lady bug. I'll start sewing everyday clothing for her as soon as she outgrows all the clothing that was given to her.
Brockie
sewingrandma

New postby Marynbo on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Thank you for a warm welcome, ladies! it is amazing some of you are sewing for so long! :)
I will try to post some pics of what I made, just not sure where I do it on this site. Any suggestions? I am rarely participating in discussions on forums although it is such a good thing to find someone with similar passions :)
Marynbo

New postby MartySews2 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:53 pm

There are instructions on the site for adding photos to your messages. I save mine on my hard drive, shrink the pictures to 24KB, and then key upload the attachment, choose my pic, and then place in line. It's a relatively simple procedure once I get the pictures the right size ... I usually choose 360 pixals x 400 pixals when I resize. Hope this helps.
Marty ;)
Brighten each corner where you are ... smile!
MartySews2

New postby Marynbo on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:07 pm

thanks for help, Marty :)
Marynbo

Return to Introduce Yourself